Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

2019 CORRUPTS SURFACES GEOM

DavidB

Is anyone else seeing funky things with 2019 high speed toolpaths?

I have a good high speed parallel tool path, then I change say stepover. I had stock set to 0.2mm.

What MC does is adds a new set of mchininig geometry with stock set back to 1mm stock. The original setting 0.2 stock has no surfaces assigned.

Geometry.jpg

Mastercam.com

reported and it's got a bug number with high priority.. no fix yet though

which makes the high speed surfacing toolpaths pretty much useless

If you can't trust stock settings to stick, you can't use them.

I nearly lost a very expensive part when avoidance with .080" stock changed itself to avoidance with .050" stock.

Had I not run verify again before posting, I'd have put a tool holder right into a wall

"beta" ? :) Sounds  so ominous  and grandiose .

I reported into the teens of errors  and the cutoff date I think just came and  it was time to plop one out  , the biggest  work stoppers  repaired .  

The name 2019 implies that there was still time to work on it .... Anyways I'm glad 2019 is out as it is such an improvement  over 2018 in terms of overall stability.

And now for some proactivity :

What I suggest is you build into your post a warning of what your roughing parameters are . I get a heads up if roughing  stock is set to zero during posting .  There is a new function

for  accessing the numerous stock values  in the HSS toolpaths .  

Gracjan

HEADSUP.thumb.png.ed17847cbd561661dc5bd849027c82c6.png

• Like 1