Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

quick? geometry question

LucasGC

if i made an arc i could break it into the right length but i wouldn't know where to start for the radius of the arc

I made two of these lines, created an arc with the three points, extended the arc, and then broke the arc back into the line segment lengths i needed. This way i know it's very close even if i don't know it's exactly one degree between each line

creating a horizontal line 10" long, rotate (copy) it from its endpoint +1 deg. offset the original down .100. Then create an arc from axis of rotation (endpoint of horiz line) to the intersection of the offset line to the rotated line. you get a Rad of R5.7299  which equals a .100 line length at 1° 

HTH

• Like 1
34 minutes ago, CEMENTHEAD said:

creating a horizontal line 10" long, rotate (copy) it from its endpoint +1 deg. offset the original down .100. Then create an arc from axis of rotation (endpoint of horiz line) to the intersection of the offset line to the rotated line. you get a Rad of R5.7299  which equals a .100 line length at 1° 

HTH

Hmm, not sure if I am following this. By the time I make my arc I should only have two lines? the original that's been offset and the one that's been rotated, and I have the intersection, but where do I make the arc from?

Edit: got it, then I would be able to create that arc and then break it into the correct length

edit edit: actually still don't got it. from beginning of offset line, to intersection, to end of rotated line?

thanks

Here's an up close look at the line segments.  One is selected so you can see the end of it.

Try this:  draw a .1 line vertical (90 degree).  Then draw a second line at 0 degrees from the center of the .1 line, length 5.7294.  Now, try rotating the .1 line, 1 degree, using the end of the 5.7294 line as the center of rotation.

79994637_anglerotation1.thumb.png.2e68374400218dbba52e9d082673ce39.png

• Like 1