Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

turning tool at 45 degrees

AWL304

Programming a mazak intregrex, setting up a turning tool and want it to turn with the B axis @ 45 deg.

problem is when i initially draw the profile to create the custom tool the profile needs to be straight (pic 3).

I rotate the tool in the tool path with tool angle ( pic2) which works and post b45 but my Z numbers are off because its rotating the tool around origin not the

center of the nose rad.

am i missing something in tool path or do i need to draw the profile differently?

FYI: i didnt draw profile on the angle first because then i cant get the B rotation to post out

pic 1 is how far its off when rotated

pic 2.JPG

pic 1.JPG

pic 3.JPG

Well......... my only fix so far is to rotate my profile orientation to how i want it FIRST , then rotate it back to 0 deg about the origin, then 

rotate to 45 degrees in the tool path. both Z & X seem to get good numbers.

just was wondering (hoping) if there was a way to do this in tool path or setup instead of having to draw all tools off center that i plan on rotating.

fix.JPG

1 minute ago, AWL304 said:

is this what you are talking about (compensation)??

cant seem to be able to change option in lower left in compensation?

compensation.JPG

compensation2.JPG

That's because it sees your "Tool Center" is on X0. Draw the tool with the entire TNR in 1 quadrant..... Think of the axis lines on the screen as the tool touch off points. 

• Thanks 1