Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Better Rapid Moves

Manofwar

I've been programming a lot lately in full 5x and been running into a problem. This is on a Mazak Integrex I300 but I've seen it on my other posts for 5x. So the issue is the rapid moves between cuts. The machine shudder steps in the rapid and immediately smooths back out for the cut. When I turn on endpoint display I can see that it is creating 5x rapid moves, however the moves aren't really close together, they're spread out between points. This issue becomes quite a bit worse with the 3D paths with tilt to avoid turned on. Is there a way to avoid this or a setting I'm missing?

32 minutes ago, Manofwar said:

I've been programming a lot lately in full 5x and been running into a problem. This is on a Mazak Integrex I300 but I've seen it on my other posts for 5x. So the issue is the rapid moves between cuts. The machine shudder steps in the rapid and immediately smooths back out for the cut. When I turn on endpoint display I can see that it is creating 5x rapid moves, however the moves aren't really close together, they're spread out between points. This issue becomes quite a bit worse with the 3D paths with tilt to avoid turned on. Is there a way to avoid this or a setting I'm missing?

You could turn on the option to "Convert Rapid to Feed", and set the Feed value to the Machine Max Feedrate (Control Definition), which is my preference. The other option is only available in the Moduleworks 5X paths, but there is a setting (somewhere) to control the density of the Rapid move vector output.