Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

right spindle lathe

Hertz

The radio button is simply to decide which stock you wish to modify when you click the Properties or Delete buttons.  If I understand correctly, you are simply asking that we store the last selection every time you exit the Machine Group Properties dialog?  How many times do you go back and change your stock settings once you have set them and created operation that use them?

• 1 month later...

So here's another related question. I have a job using the sub spindle that has 7 tools. When I define the right spindle, it doesn't update my axis control to right/upper. I have to make sure this is selected every tool. I was told this can't be changed. Is that true? I can't get it to default to right side when right spindle is defined?

So here's another related question. I have a job using the sub spindle that has 7 tools. When I define the right spindle, it doesn't update my axis control to right/upper. I have to make sure this is selected every tool. I was told this can't be changed. Is that true? I can't get it to default to right side when right spindle is defined?

Yes you are correct I see the same behavior.

Interesting. It works for me without fail. What version are you using? X8? Just to clarify, you have your tool defined like this, right?

attachicon.gifCapture.JPG

I have X8 but now that you mention it, I can't recall if my selection for default spindle is set to right like in your picture. I will have to check that in the morning.

Yes mine are defined like that and I have been fighting the same issue as he has.

That's weird. Of all the problems I have with lathe, that's like the one thing that works all the time. I can have two tools in my tool list, one defined for upper left, the other lower right, and as I click on them the axis combination changes back and forth. This works even if I don't define the stock or a spindle.

I use a twin-spindle, twin turret lathe, with four axis combinations, and multi-tasking machines with milling spindles and turrets and it works for all of them.  I would say to make sure you have your machine defined right but I doubt that's something you would overlook.