Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Enhancement Request Stock Selection for HST Toolpaths

crazy^millman

3 hours ago, 5th Axis CGI said:

I would like the ability to just pick through Stock models like we have in the stock models themselves inside of the HST Dialog. Here is what I am thinking what do others think about this request? 

1332399825_HSTStock.png.8d0d69968f490841e9bbb911e2c0a448.png

Ie. You are wanting to assign toolpaths to the stock model? I was under the impression some kind of conversion was required.

No I am not. The use of  the stock model as the source stock for operations is what I am referring to here. The part I am programming is being run on a Nakamura. I have cut the Front side of the part. I have made a new stock model that is a copy of the 1st stock model and now want to use that stock model to drive the operation that is cutting the back side of the part. I can go pick that specific operation that is the stock model operation like I have always done and done for years, but I would like the ability to just pick actvie stock models without having to go through the operation to pick one. I may have 600 to 1200 operation on some files and 80-500 operation groups. If I have 20 stock models then I would only have to pick through them and not all of those operations. We can do that in the stock models and pick previous stock models for model choices and just looking for that same ability when picking a rest material in our choices. 

1 hour ago, 5th Axis CGI said:

No I am not. The use of  the stock model as the source stock for operations is what I am referring to here. The part I am programming is being run on a Nakamura. I have cut the Front side of the part. I have made a new stock model that is a copy of the 1st stock model and now want to use that stock model to drive the operation that is cutting the back side of the part. I can go pick that specific operation that is the stock model operation like I have always done and done for years, but I would like the ability to just pick actvie stock models without having to go through the operation to pick one. I may have 600 to 1200 operation on some files and 80-500 operation groups. If I have 20 stock models then I would only have to pick through them and not all of those operations. We can do that in the stock models and pick previous stock models for model choices and just looking for that same ability when picking a rest material in our choices. 

That makes a lot of sense, this would benefit many users IMHO.