Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Lathe tool backplot graphics

SlaveCam

what version of mastercam is that? Also i am curious how large that radii is so i can do some testing here, i am guessing thats a pretty small radii, can you share the file or let me know the version and the radii and also let us know if its a custom tool or 3d tool or just share the file if you are able and i am sure we can get to the bottom of what is causing that.

On the View Ribbon, "Appearance Section", click the little button in the lower right corner.

Change your "Chord Height" to a lower number, for a smoother rendering of the tool.

Also, check the "Curve Tolerance", "STL Tolerance", and "Workpiece Tolerance" Settings, inside the Simulator Options dialog. (Button next to "Verify" in the Toolpaths Manager.

shading properties.PNG

Simulator Options.PNG

• Like 1

Hi Colin,

None of the settings worked (restart didn't help). The tool is a custom 2D tool created from layer (a grinding tool actually). I use backplot to quickly visualize toolpaths, with small tools it doesn't look very good - not a deal breaker but if possible to fix the better.

I'm using 2019 btw

Thank you for your advice!

LATHE TOOL.mcam