Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

vf2 and hrt210 setup 2018 mcam I'm backwards

progaseng

So a simple engraving of letters on the round  part with the 210 on right side of table the verify tool path is right

but when I send to machine its backwards if I make the tool path on ccw of table it then is right at the machine .

But I think it's rotating the part from the zero I set on the G54  on A axis . Is this a post adjustment?

As I notice in the verify function the rotary is on left side of table , with that being the case how can

I change it to right side of the table ?

I use axis substitute sub Y axis and ccw to make right at machine but the verify is wrong on mcam

33 minutes ago, progaseng said:

So a simple engraving of letters on the round  part with the 210 on right side of table the verify tool path is right

but when I send to machine its backwards if I make the tool path on ccw of table it then is right at the machine .

But I think it's rotating the part from the zero I set on the G54  on A axis . Is this a post adjustment?

As I notice in the verify function the rotary is on left side of table , with that being the case how can

I change it to right side of the table ?

I use axis substitute sub Y axis and ccw to make right at machine but the verify is wrong on mcam

Need to check the Machine definition and check the Axis Direction for the A Axis and see if that helps if not then try the C axis. May have to swap both from CW to CCW or from CCW to CW and see if that helps solve your problem. Could be the X Axis is facing the wrong direction where you have the Trunnion mounted might be backwards also. The next issue will be if you are using a Generic Mastercam post I don't believe any of the 5 Axis posts are tied to the Machine definition. What post are you using and what Test have you done to Verify your setting are aligned with the machine? 

Normally when I am testing post implementation processes for a customer I will send them my 5 sided block sample program and tell them to run it on the machine for that control. If everything gives then great off to the races, but when it doesn't then we figure out why dial in the settings and then go from there. 

On 7/18/2020 at 5:15 PM, progaseng said:

I'm using the generic 4 axis haas post and machine definition

it should be the same fix i listed on this topic here about changing rotary direction in the machine definition, see my reply to this topic here and i think that will be your fix.