Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

O/T tapmatic heads

George_Gerhard

offtopic.gif

Does anyone have any experience using tapmatic heads in a router spindle. I am trying to help one of my customers with a HSK63 router spindle, I tried to tap a 1/4X20 hole at 500 rpm and I stalled the spindle, and you could guess what happened to the tap. I tapped the same hole at 1500 rpm the spindle did not stall but the quality of the thread was poor. I used a 2 flute gun tap, I dont remember the feedrate, but it was the correct feed for that rpm and pitch. Basically my question is should I be looking at some other kind of taps? confused.gif

thank you

George

What is the model of tapping head. In aluminum I run 1/4-20 1500rpm 95% feed G85 no dwell Tapmatic CST-25. For 0-80 roll tap I run 3100rpm, thousand of hole per tap ten times faster than ridged tapping.

What was the drill size (.201)? Stalled a 20hp spindal, must not have any low end torque.