Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Turners Cube 5th Axis

tyler@goscpm.com

On 10/5/2020 at 9:57 AM, [email protected] said:

Can you elaborate? 

Sure thing. Click on the Transform Toolpaths  in the Toolpath Ribbon.

Then select the three operations you have made. The pick the Rotate for the Type., Tool Plane for the Method, NCI for the Source and doesn't matter under Group NCI output by since these will be individual operations, but if you were going around a tombstone and wanted them to be by order for more than one position then this is where you control that.

Do not pick the automatic use the maintain source operations and make sure you have defined a workoffset in the Planes manager for the Top plane. If not then Mastercam will start outputting different work offsets for each face since you didn't define something to being with. I named the 1st one front side and then I defined the rotation parameters as such for each face in the 4 screen shots after the 1st one. I did label each face, but the setting for the start of all 4 are the same.

Emastercam Turners Cube PDF

28 minutes ago, [email protected] said:

Okay, I somewhat have it where I want it. Only thing is, it is machining the same side twice on different sides. I want all sides machined except side facing bottom of vise. Can anyone help!?

Logo Block.mcam

I backplotted and showed it machining 5 sides. What two sides is it machining twice?

Why can't you label your operations? Really helps you when you post code to know what is doing what and where it is going. Care do do the extra work when you are learning and it will carry with you into doing the real work where ti counts.

Well looks like we found a bug in the software going about it this way.

Will need to the planes for each of the faces and go about it using them instead.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, [email protected] said:

Can you suggest any training resources other than Mastercam U?

Your Reseller, because they can teach you on exactly the work and machine you're using

This Forum

https://www.emastercam.com/ecourses/

Eapprentice

http://www.eapprentice.net/

Streaming Teacher

https://www.streamingteacher.com/login

• Like 1