Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Gnomons on bookmarked viewsheets image capture

machineimpossible

In the planes manager will need to turn of display Gnomon. There is no way I am aware of to have the display state for a plane associate to a View sheet. Part of the reason why I may have view sheets for setups and such to help a customer understand the process. Then I always capture screen shots and save them in a SETUP SHEETs folder for every job I do. 

35 minutes ago, machineimpossible said:

I turned off Gnomon display completely and I'm still getting those random ones showing up. 

Are you using the free Verisurf Add-on? it has it's own Gnomon that shows up when turned on. In the planes manger make sure the box is not active if so then the place highlighted in the planes manager will still show sometimes. Where you need to turn it off completely by making sure it is not active. 

3 hours ago, crazy^millman said:

Are you using the free Verisurf Add-on? it has it's own Gnomon that shows up when turned on. In the planes manger make sure the box is not active if so then the place highlighted in the planes manager will still show sometimes. Where you need to turn it off completely by making sure it is not active. 

The first six months I started here, I wasn't aware of verisurf, that thing was perpetually stuck in my viewport.

This appears only on the setup sheet or also in mastercams display?

Can you share your setup sheet so we can see what you are seeing?

5 hours ago, machineimpossible said:

I turned off Gnomon display completely and I'm still getting those random ones showing up. 

There are some settings on the plane manager for displaying gnomons as well.

it shows up in both the setup sheet and the MC graphics window. Although, when I close/re-open the MC file, they will be gone from the graphics window. If you see my screen shot above, that is an example of what I am getting in the setup sheet. The Gnomon on the right is the T/C Plane, which I want. The one on the left is what is happening somehow in the image capture during setup sheet creation. 

The other strange thing is that they are not showing up on every image capture, but it seems to alternate every other capture. In this case I have the main graphics window capture and 3 view sheet captures. And what is weird is that when I post the setup sheet again, it seems to "switch" to the other set of captures?

24 minutes ago, machineimpossible said:

it shows up in both the setup sheet and the MC graphics window. Although, when I close/re-open the MC file, they will be gone from the graphics window. If you see my screen shot above, that is an example of what I am getting in the setup sheet. The Gnomon on the right is the T/C Plane, which I want. The one on the left is what is happening somehow in the image capture during setup sheet creation. 

The other strange thing is that they are not showing up on every image capture, but it seems to alternate every other capture. In this case I have the main graphics window capture and 3 view sheet captures. And what is weird is that when I post the setup sheet again, it seems to "switch" to the other set of captures?

That screen shot was very small hard to make out. I normally make my screen shots and add them to the Active reports after the fact not during the creation of the setup sheets. Look on the planes manager and see if the show gnomon is a different color if it is then left click on it to change back tor background color. The change in color is to alert the programmer it is active and will display your Gnomon.

• 2 weeks later...