Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

o/t High Blood Pressure

Brendan P

So for about 1 1/2 years now my doctor has been trying me on (3) different blood press. meds.

All with the same side effects:

Dizzyness,light-headed,weak in the stomach.

I was just wondering if any of you have been treated,and if you had simmular side effects,and maybe what finially worked.(diet or meds)

I really cant take the side effects,but need to be on something.

Please help. wink.gif

BTW 140/110 today eek.gif

Bucket,

quote:

Dizzyness,light-headed,weak in the stomach.

My grandmother was having the same problem, but she also was diagnosed with emphazyma (sp). After about 6 months of her feeling that way they took her off the med, and she is doing 100% better. My dad was told about his HBP, and now he on a diet, watching what he eats. Have you tried a low sodium diet? It may work for you.... HTH.

Actually Katie,

This would be my last resort!

I am a meat n potattas,gotta have butter,and use only cream in my coffee kinda guy. biggrin.gif

And yes,my colesterol is perfect!

And no,I am not overweight.

I cant even begin how to go on a friggin no sodium diet.

Everything has salt in it. mad.gif

Well I am the exact oppsite my pressure is so low they can not read it sometimes. My heart beats at like 48 to 50 beats a minute. The crazt thing is that I do have little higher than normal cholesterol but will not take drugs for that. I am always at 100 mph so you would think I would be the oppsite.

I'm on Atenelol. The only side effect is that it lets me take a nap at the drop of a pin(sic). I don't really consider that bad. The best thing about it, is that it is so inexpensive.

I'm supposed to walk 1/2 hour each day, which I manage to do most days. I'm also supposed to lose a little weight which I am doing.

Anyway, the BP is under control.

Brendan,

APO-DILTIAZEM CD 240MG

Once a day in the morning.

Actually, I think high blood pressure in genetic and that perhaps other family members may have gone through similar problems - check it out.

Anyways, with my wife, the above is the only medication that works for her with a minimal side effect.

Regards, Jack

Thanks Jack,

I will look into it. wink.gif

I called my Dr. today but he is on vacation.

So I bit the bullet and I am trying to turn a new leaf by changing my salt intake.(changing eating habits)

That's right...no more beef jerky,chips,junk food.

BTW I don't drink or smoke,so coffee is all I have left.

Aint giving that up! mad.gif

I went out and bought $30.00 worth of fresh seafood today,and will start to eat a lot more fruit and veggies. (YUK)

Hopefully by changing habits,maybe I can get my pressure low enough to not need the drugs.

Thanks

bucket, don't drink coffee for two days... take bp readings before you stop, then again after you dont take caffeine for 2-3 days. everybody is different, but I know coffee raises my bp. if no difference great but if you notice an improved reading gulp! kick the java habit [may not effect you, i could be wrong].

i've taken water pills and acupril [the main drug]. not taking meds now, though i probably should. quit smoking and will exercise like i used to. watching salt important but training will sweat out alot of it...more than some realize. bucket, treadmill and weight training...then you can eat more salty foods!