Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Stream Deck Hot key thing

Tinger

I just bought one for my home computer for gaming and absolutely love it. I am buying one for work really soon because that stream deck is awesome and worth every penny in my opinion. I think if you buy one you will not be dissapointed, you can do a ton of stuff with it, its easy to use and works awesome. I just do basic stuff with mine like internet browsers and stuff but you can do some really cools stuff with it and the app it comes with is super simple to use. 

and you can setup multiple profiles so it as you use other applicaitons it you can have different buttons for each and every program you use. like a profile for internet or chrome, a profile for solidworks, a profile for mastercam, a profile for excel or word, etc. 

again i think they are worth every penny and are not just for streamers even though that is the biggest market for them

i also was looking at these too, but i am really happy i went with the stream deck because its nice to be able to customize each and every button and each button is on an lcd screen https://www.razer.com/shop/keyboards/gaming-keypads

40 minutes ago, JoshC said:

I just bought one for my home computer for gaming and absolutely love it. I am buying one for work really soon because that stream deck is awesome and worth every penny in my opinion. I think if you buy one you will not be dissapointed, you can do a ton of stuff with it, its easy to use and works awesome. I just do basic stuff with mine like internet browsers and stuff but you can do some really cools stuff with it and the app it comes with is super simple to use. 

and you can setup multiple profiles so it as you use other applicaitons it you can have different buttons for each and every program you use. like a profile for internet or chrome, a profile for solidworks, a profile for mastercam, a profile for excel or word, etc. 

again i think they are worth every penny and are not just for streamers even though that is the biggest market for them

i also was looking at these too, but i am really happy i went with the stream deck because its nice to be able to customize each and every button and each button is on an lcd screen https://www.razer.com/shop/keyboards/gaming-keypads

Great to hear. Thanks!

An MMO mouse is another option. I use a corsair scimitar but have also used a logitec G600. Both are great for customized functions.

You can also get keyboards with a built in macro keys, eg corsair K95 but there are others as well. 

I've been eyeing those stream decks for a while but have yet to try one. The customizable look of each button, that alone justifies the purchase!

I like the stream deck as a productivity tool, however in a number of programs more than 2 key presses are required to do an action. For example by default in Visual Studio the bind to comment/uncomment code is CTRL+K+C(/U for uncommenting). I'd like to be able to do this with the stream deck.

7 hours ago, BillyECarroll said:

I like the stream deck as a productivity tool, however in a number of programs more than 2 key presses are required to do an action. For example by default in Visual Studio the bind to comment/uncomment code is CTRL+K+C(/U for uncommenting). I'd like to be able to do this with the stream deck.

Such as strange comment, it's copy/paste right from a reddit thread that's 10 months old. 
Steam Decks target audience is streamers. Yes it works elsewhere but keep this in mind if you are considering buying one. There are other tools, mentioned above, that can do what you're after.