Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

march maintenance

mayday

CNC has a 109mb file available for dl. It's a complete install except for catia translators and sample files. It can be installed over your existing MC install or in it's own directory (to keep seperate before/after maintenance installations).

I'm dl'ing it now, probably be done some time after lunch...Really looking forward to %75 reductions in surface contour programs !! smile.gif

Downloaded last night - installed - running.

I did take a file that had a few pocket surface operations and re-gened the op's (47). Just to try it out - what was taking about a hour to re-gen, only took about 11 min.

Quit a improvment! IMO

Haven't tried anything else -

Later,

Mark Anderson

quote:

I did take a file that had a few pocket surface operations and re-gened the op's (47). Just to try it out - what was taking about a hour to re-gen, only took about 11 min

Impressive smile.gif

Have they changed surface pocket algorithms/mesh generation (by using version X codes for instance wink.gif ), or was it a bug that recently fixed? Is there any documentation about it?

According to the other post in the forum there's a very limited time for vX beta testing so I personally think it's reasonable to use some of X codes in previous versions.

WOW, all I can say. I took a surface finish contour with a 2600k nci size and did a regen.

It took 2 1/2 minutes cheers.gif 33000 lines of gcode

we ran the same thing on SP2 and got tired of waiting after 10 minutes biggrin.gif

+2 to CNC, thanks for the confidence boost