Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Engraving on Outside diameter

tonala2004

Well it would be a crazy way but maybe effective way. I would make all the characters as sub programs using the cneter of them as my 0,0 I would then just write a main program calling up the subs in a way to make it be what you want. You could also write a Macro program seen someone with a slcik one around here somewhere but that would be very tricky if the machine does not have axis mapping. I would create all my NC code in Mastercam and then go from there. I know not the easy way but might be an effective way ot look at if nothign esle pops up. Good luck and would liek to know what you come up with.

The only way that I know to accomplish sequential engraving is by using macros. Since I am not familiar with your control, I looked it up on the net. It seems to be pretty advanced, and it should handle macro programming. If you can, find someone who knows macro programming, and have them set you up.

If you are looking to engrave letters on a out side diameter, I would create my letters in the location that I want them then use transform roll.......then go from there. I always end up playing around with the parameters in roll.

Is this what you are asking?

Jack