Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Zoller TMS

JB7280

Is anyone here familiar with Zoller TMS?  If so, what are your thoughts on their TMS system?  We are attempting to get our tool libraries built, and I'm finding it incredibly clunky, and cumbersome.  It's hard to believe that for the cost, this is what they put out.  Even the guy that did our training struggled, and took 30 minutes of more just to build a simple endmill.  I can't imagine they've gotten the name the have from the experience we are having, so I'm wondering if other experiences have been better, and if so I'd like to find out what we're doing wrong.

I have seen similar efforts needed for the process. Once customer hired a person full time and their job is making all the 30,000 tools for the Zoller System. They figured it would take a couple years to get everything in their system converted. New projects using their interfaces from Mastercam and Vericut is very easy, but is the existing tools that is proving to be the work.

5 minutes ago, crazy^millman said:

I have seen similar efforts needed for the process. Once customer hired a person full time and their job is making all the 30,000 tools for the Zoller System. They figured it would take a couple years to get everything in their system converted. New projects using their interfaces from Mastercam and Vericut is very easy, but is the existing tools that is proving to be the work.

It's a very strange software.  I suspect a lot of it comes from the fact that it's European , and the DIN4000 aspect, and most of our tools are US tools, Harvey, Garr, Helical, etc.

5 hours ago, David Colin said:

We chose it mainly because we already had a Zoller presetter. In 2018 software looked in beta status... I was alone to make components and assemblies along NC programming and I gave up. 

That's discouraging ,but thank you.  The presetter we bought is top notch.  But the TMS is just painful.