Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

march update

DavidB

DavidB.

You are with us more than a year .

This topic was covered very well ,and I sure you read this not once :

Always backup all Your Mastercam directoty to some other place for a backup before starting installation .

My algorithm for such things is this one ( I do it with every new point release ):

Copy all your c:mcam91 to Mcam91back folder

Run update over C:mcam91 directory

If something will go wrong delete or rename C:mcam91 to the c:Mcam91maintbad and dir.mcam91back returne to c:macm91.

You will have a working old version and no need to edit pathes in regestry using regedit.exe

Or rename c:mcm91 to c:mcam91back folder ,install maintanence in c:mcam91 folder ., if something goes wrong rename c:macam91 to c:maintbad folder and c:macm91back to c:mcam91

The second method is a clean install ,you will not have your defaults ,configuration ,c-hooks ,icons ,tool libraries and will need to copy them yourself.

The first one must preserve all your customisation .

HTH

ETHH

Teh stilling Iskander `s ideas biggrin.gif

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

I put the update in seperate directory - just as well b/c I need to use both. High sp. pocketing causes gouges in the update, old 9.1 SP2 was causing pain with WCS, but not the update. Update also will not trim 2 entities in seperate Z heights, but same plane - the 9.1Sp2 will. Has been quite a drama the last few days!

Hi David, usually pretty good, has got a good response time and wants to find a solution. On holidays at the mo tho. Got someone else, I suspect in Syd that is helping out - but not sure. At the mo, I'm just using both Versions to get results.