Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Key parameters for fanuc 30i b plus for g68.2

Hi everyone, my names liam, I’m new to the forum and after a quick scan I think I’ve come to the right place. Right back to the topic. 

I have a thermwood c67 twin table 5 axis router (head/head). We had loads of issues with the thermwood control so have just had a full overhaul mechanically and retrofitted a fanuc 30i b plus control. 

now what I’m interested in is what are the key parameters that must be set to have g68.2 work correctly I think my machine tool builder has set something wrong and is currently off on holiday so thought I’d do some digging. 

thanks for your time. 

Thanks, it seems that 19700-19708 maybe don't apply as the machine is a head/head.

19709 - N/A

19710 & 19711- yes

19712 - N/A

19713 & 19714 - yes

it also looks like the tool axis is inline with the center of rotation of C (about 1mm difference based on the cad model) So C rotates about Z and B rotates about Y. Which one of these is considered the primary?

19700-19702.png

19704-19705.png

19709-19711.png

19712-19714.png

c67 axis.png

C Axis is the primary and the B axis is the secondary. Primary rotation is always the one that the other one si controlled by. In some head head machines where they don’t sit like this one does you don’t have a primary per say, but have to decide which one will be it. Majority of the Multiaxis machines are primary and secondary with the one axis slave to the other, but not always. 

• Like 1

I concur with Ron.

I believe C-Axis (Rotary) is Primary and B-Axis (Tilt) is secondary on your machine.

On a Table-Table typically the opposite holds true. Tilting Axis is Primary and Rotary Axis is Secondary.

The real caveat is that the builder can pretty much do what they want and are not necessarily bound to any particular "law".

Your parameters will tell the story.

On 2/5/2022 at 5:27 AM, Leon82 said:

19700 starts the kinematic distances.

On Table-Table kinematic machines, that's the case. Head-Head machine kinematic ranges are a little different.