Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Technical support?

Oakprogrammer

11 hours ago, Oakprogrammer said:

I don’t have much experience with them or my reseller. What should be a reasonable expectation of their services and timeline of which they respond? 

What’s everyone’s positive and negative experience been like? 

It depends....resellers offer varying degrees of support levels.

Not knowing you situation or reseller, tough to say what an "average" for you might be.

"we" the company I work for" pays for a premium plan....our expectation is within and hour or two....but, as I used to be the person "we" called  when we had an issue...I handle everything myself for the most part.

• Like 2

Sorry talk about a extremely vague and fishing for something to use for competition or support your case to use either software you are familiar or a different one that Mastercam question. Sorry you are going to need to present a lot more street cred before I even think to answer more than what I say to this loaded question.

My reseller is great and very responsive. I am not a quitter and don't expect anyone to cater to me. I need something I make sure that is known and understood. Having done Tech Support for Mastercam over a decade ago for a Mastercam Reseller I loved the anonymous complainers who never called or emailed the office, but complained to their bosses we didn't help them. Then the bosses would call raising all kind of grief and then we have to let them know cannot help those who never ask for help. Then we would get a call when they showed up an another company and then they would wise up and finally ask for help. They would finally get some real training and start using the software correctly. I am self taught and used Mastercam for 20+ years and still have a lot to learn about using Mastercam. Part of the reason I help on the forum because helping others helps me to learn different ways to use the software I never thought or have seen before. I also believe in giving back to this profession and don't need a YouTube channel or major sponsorship to do that either.

There is always three sides to most stories. Each person's perspective and the truth. What is your story? Who is your reseller? What is your specific problem or issue? Do you have a Z2G with the post showing an exact example of the problem you are running into?

I love the have a problem with Mastercam Topics and it sucks and that is it. No exact reason or why it just sucks. Then you try to help and get called a fanboy. Get your name plastered all over the internet and run through the mud because you have figured out how to make a living with a tool. Mastercam is a tool like any software. It has its plus and minuses like any software.

You give enough information and guess what someone can help you. Give vague postings like this and expect someone's mind reading ability to kick in then sorry you are not going to be very happy with any software.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, crazy^millman said:

love the have a problem with Mastercam Topics and it sucks and that is it. No exact reason or why it just sucks. Then you try to help and get called a fanboy. Get your name plastered all over the internet and run through the mud because you have figured out how to make a living with a tool

I think that someone is having some 'he who's name should not be spoken' PTSD.   :D 

• Like 1