Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

tool offsets

pip

Every time I load a tool from the tool library it sets the tool radius offset number to the same as the length offset.

When you use tool 1 it sets the length to H1 and the radius to H1. I want the radius to be set at 50 higher than H1 (H1 + 50= H51).

What am I doing wrong? Please Help.

p.s using German version of Mastercam V8, manuals also in German.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

As elad said if you want to change to what you stated permanently. Do it as I stated if it is this way infrequestly.

------------------

James M. ;)

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Screen, Configure, NC Settings, Operation Defaults, Double Click Job Setup, and change the "Tool Offset Registers" according to how you want them output. (Note this if for Version 7) See above for Version 8.

------------------

James M. ;)

Thanks everybody, the offset is now added correctly, but I am unable to save the job setup, so it activates correctly when I load the post for a specific machine. I.E one machine does not use the offset code, so must have "D" set to null. Any advice peeps?

In V8 go Screen, Configure, NC Settings, Operation Defaults, Save, when the operations manager comes up, right mouse click to get to job setup.

To have it set different for another machine save the defaults.df8 to a another name, that is called up with a CFG of another name, that is associated to the post of the other machine.

[This message has been edited by CycleTimeCharles (edited 06-08-2001).]