Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

watch out!!

I went to an MC user group meeting last month. They said V9 beta would be out late this summer and they were hoping to release

it buy the end of the year. V9 will keep MC's current interface. They also said that

they have a team of programmers working on

V10. It will be have a completely new Windows complaint GUI. The target release date for V10 was said to be late 2002.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

I got an email this morning from some clown in Greece advertising about a thousand

titles of bootleg software including cracked

MC V8. Has anyone else on this forum recieved it? I was thinking that this guy collected my email address from my profile page on this forum.

I had a chance to look at the spam I recieved from the crack dealer this morning.

I checked out the email adresses of the rest of the people he sent the spam to.

I beleive he did get the email addresses

from the member profiles on this board.

People who want to make an email address available might want to change it to a

HotMail or Yahoo type service.

Unethical people can and do get email addresses here.

A question for Admin. Is it possible to make member profiles available only to registered users??

[ 09-12-2001: Message edited by: gcode ]

Maybe Webby knows a way. But from what I can see, there isn't a way to prevent unregistered users from viewing user profiles. However, there is no way for someone get a list of e-mails without manually viewing each profile one by one. For someone to get the adresses of all members, it would take a while.

However, if you post on any Usenet groups using a news reader application or a web-based method like Deja.com, it is quite easy to get e-mail addresses (I've written scripts to do this back in university).

A few options here:

1 - let it be - it's a lot a manual labour for the hacks, and why promote cracks to a group including paying customers, CNC Software, resellers?

2 - forum access only for registered members

(nothing then stops the hacks from registering, and the Webby's amount of work goes way, way up)

3 - publically block all emails (only Administrators would have access, and this group tends to like full identity disclosure)