Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

watch out!!

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well mike we cant really tell you what to do.

but maybe you might want to talk with them about being a regastered user.

if you tell your dealer they will call them and suggest that they buy it.

or they will turn them into the BSA.

but they will give them a chance to buy first with no hassle.

hope this helps a little.

------------------

jay/ aka cadcam

Precision Programming

cnc programming &

Predator reseller

email: [email protected]

web: www.ppcadcam.com

Mastercam forum FTP free file support

ftp://www.ppcadcam.com

User: mastercam

Pass: forum

No legitimate company would touch such a thing. Besides it being unethical, that such things often are very buggy or worse, this is a felony.

What company, with thousands invested in machines, tooling, and people, would risk throwing it all away (or even risk just terribly embarassing themselves to the world)?

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Or here if you don't want to go all the way to the bottom of the page.

http://www.nopiracy.com

On a related note, software piracy not only hurts Mastercam, but it hurts the reseller severely(sp?). I would estimate that in the (909) area code alone, piracy among machine shops is in the 75-80% range(and I'm being kind). Meaning that 75 to 80 out of every 100 shops is using bootleg Mastercam in one form or another. If Mastercam could count the Bootleg in the CIMData reports, Mastercam would surely have over 50% market share (At least in Southern California).

Later,

------------------

James M. wink.gif

[This message has been edited by James Meyette (edited 05-31-2001).]

When a guy starts bragging about a cracked product.I just let em rant on till he spills all the beans on himself. Then i turn em in.

I Had my suspicions about a few shops i"v visited over the past. There brouchers & web pages point out that that have two seats of this & 1 seat of that software blaa blaa.

But when I,m in there cad room i see a lot more than they claim. HUmmmmmmmmm frown.gif

Kenneth Potter

#####

Note to self

Go back to those shops & look for missing keys.

[This message has been edited by Kenneth Potter (edited 05-31-2001).]

the same thing but the #'s are diffrent.

i have seen a crack for ver8, how i new there was no key and the ALT "V" came up with a key of 12345-I come on now.

------------------

jay/ aka cadcam

Precision Programming

cnc programming &

Predator reseller

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

LOL!!!!!!!!!

To all the bootleggers watching this topic, I hope you didn't **** off any ex-employees, they are eventually going to turn your $%^* in!

Don't bother with the excuses, "It's too expensive", etc... ad-infinitum. It's part of the cost of doing business. Deal with it. You don't walk into Staples and Steal a ream of paper claiming "It's too expensive" do you? I didn't think so. It's part of the cost of doing business. I just spent $850 for Microsoft Windows 2000 Advanced Server(5 licenses), why? Because I'm using it, and Microsoft deserves their ROI.

------------------

James M. ;)

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

I don't think they(CNC SOftware) can do that legally. It's kind of like "Paying for testimony", but, maybe you can "work $omething out" with your local dealer if they get a sale as a result of information you provide. I'd be willing to bet there is not a reseller out there that would reject a sale that came about as a result of "information" such as this.

------------------

James M. ;)

Hot topic, huh? I agree. What happened to peoples morals? I was raised to believe that stealing was, like, WRONG. I don't know what I'll do about it, other than chastise the *&($#@ out of these people until they either go legit or erase the program from their systems.

Thanks for all your wisdom, though...

Mike R.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Well, yes I am pissed! mad.gif

As many of you know I am(was, as of June 8, 2001) a Mastercam reseller and It's soooooooo hard to compete with the bootleg stuff out there. I go do a demo, show them all the cool stuff in the new version. They ask for a quote. I send it to them. They don't return my phone calls and their employees show up in my Mastercam class "So they can learn the software so their boss will buy Mastercam". Uh huh. Not that it doesn't happen that way,because it does. More often than not they start asking questions after a little while that leads me to believe they are using it more than in the classroom and at home(with the Demo Software I sold them). Very disheartening.

So, I decided to go back into the ranks as a programmer frown.giffrown.giffrown.gif (I'm not really sad about it, I just don't like failure in myself) Not that I don't like programming, as a matter of fact I thoroughly enjoy it. I'd do it for free if I was independantly wealthy. I was just hoping I could be a better sales person than I am. I guess a leopard can't change it's spots. A tech guy is always a tech guy. frown.gif So that's my story. I'm just so $%*$^((% mad about the situation out here and there's not a %^&(%&)^_ I can do about it unless someone comes outright and tells me "Hey I'm running Mastercam" or "Hey My company is running Bootleg Mastercam" which does happen pretty often.

So keep reporting them if you get the chance. Maybe you can save some poor salesman's job and so that Mastercam can continue to develop kick @$$ software in the future and we can all machine the most trick stuff on the planet.

Out!

------------------

James M. wink.gif

[This message has been edited by James Meyette (edited 05-31-2001).]

Hey James, just a thought here, but what if individuals ARE using the crack at HOME to learn the software AND going back to their companies and trying to get them to buy it, cuz now they know it? I'm IN NO WAY advocating stealing the stuff, but look at autocad. Everyone and thier brother has a bootleg copy of it at home (but me). So they play with it, and play with it, and play with it until they're pretty good at it. Then they go to thier boss and say "hey, lets BUY autocad, cuz I know it!". I've always heard that autocad uses that as a marketing tool.

Whadaya think?

Respectfully,

James i am with you and understand.

now that i am trying to give support to Cad-cam consulting i have to let them know every time i go to a shop to do a Predator demo along with the mastercam if they have Mastercam running and should not be of course.

By the way i have in the past any ways but more now like you said that is my pocket that will be a little light if i don't.

so how's it going there at the home front.

------------------

jay/ aka cadcam

Precision Programming

cnc programming &

Predator reseller

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

What I'm talking about is the guys that are using it in the shop not the guys using it at home (which in no way am I advocating). I'm talking about the guys that after I go and do a demo(they say they have no CAM experience), don't buy, their employees show up in my class more knowledgeable than experience at home would show. I can just tell who's using it at work by the types of questions they ask. The guys practicing at home ask completely different types of questions, than the bootleggers.

Jay,

The homefront is cool. My son plays baseball tonight. Yipee. I love watching baseball! smile.gif

Later,

------------------

James M. ;)

Hey cycle time your ending statment was a little harsh there.

James works real hard on sale's and really hard on support that is were he most of the time including teaching in the evening at the collage were he teachs Mastercam.

but being a salesman was not his netch but support he kicks but along with programming.

if i could aford him i would of hired him for my team.

i just have to settle with his time once in a while.

later jay

------------------

jay/ aka cadcam

Precision Programming

cnc programming &

Predator reseller

I learned MasterCam at home with a crack. I never made any chips with it, but it allowed me to practice building 3d surfaces, toolpaths and got me a job as a programmer. The company that hired me was usnig version 5 and upgraded to 7.2 since I knew how to use it.

[This message has been edited by beav700 (edited 05-31-2001).]

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Before criticizing my net usage, I only post when I get tech calls. So for most postings, there is a tech call going on while I'm typing with the exception of the last week or so.

Tech support is my groove, not sales. I tried it for almost two years, but that aside, the proliferation of bootleg hampered my ability to sell more than all the other factors combined. Next in line was the power issue here. Rolling black-outs are becoming more common as the temperatures climb. The cost of electricity has nearly doubled. etc......

------------------

James M. ;)