Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

slot milling -excel depth calc

JoshC

There was a question on the Official mastercam forums about how to get depths correct when slot milling with a woodruff or t-slot cutter type of tool and since the question comes up so often it seems with newer mastercam users i went ahead and made a calculator in excel to make the process easier for new users.

if anyone would like to use the excel calculator its attached, i also have a video below on how it was intended to be used and from some quick testing it seems to work well. I typically do this math in my head whenever needed but i fully understand how mastercam calculates depth cuts and step downs so its easy for me and may not be for others which is the only reason i created this, in the past i have always just did this math myself whenever i need to but hopefully for others that may not have the same amount of depth cut calculation understanding this will give them a quick easy way to get all the math figured out. 

And good news anyways is CNC software has an enhancement request in for this to be even easier in the future, so some day this type of math may be not needed at all hopefully.

video on the way the calculator was intended to be used https://fastechincorporated-my.sharepoint.com/:v:/g/personal/support_fastechinc_net/ERslKtcWv-ZOnkzxEEdMSJ8B75REvXSzM5c3RJTKNORx6A?e=heU8Zh

slotting mcam calc.xlsx

• Thanks 4
  • Like 5