Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Haas Error Code 549 Internal Feed Error Detected?

parallax7761@comcast.net

Hi all, I am currently running a 16.5" Dia. part on a 4th axis using the Rotary 4-Axis Toolpath from Mastercam 2022. and I receive the 549 Error code for internal feed error. Here is a link for the Zip2Go https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NjxE9RAIOwYRUYIJHYE4WtaKG944IATS/view?usp=share_link Please let me know if you are aware how to solve this issue. The first time it threw the code the operator thought it was caused by overriding the feed to 200% but he ran it again at 100% and it stopped in the same place. By the way the post for this isn't perfect it posts a feed of 1. but we do a mass edit on the floor to make it F20. FYI.

Thank you for sharing the video. The issue is it doesn't throw the alarm anywhere near a feed rate change or even an F value. It goes from running fine at the edited feed of F20. to just stopping mid run in the middle of nothing but A rotation values. Writing that last sentence made me think, I better go check and make sure there isn't a feed rate change in the next 1,000 lines as well due to the High Speed Machining being on that machine it should be reading that far ahead. I did find F60. in the program also which is what I programmed it to. The operator on the floor edited those to F30. and it still alarmed out. I told him to edit it to F19. since we know it runs at F20. I will let you know if that fixes it. Also we tried running the program that I posted before adding Arc Filtering Tolerance to reduce the program's size and it also alarmed out with all the extra A rotation code intact. 

Well the guy on the floor found the solution to our problem. I can't believe it but The High Feed Machining or High Speed Look Ahead whatever it's actually called was the issue. he turned it off (from 1 to 0) and now it's running fine! I would love to find out why. My only guess would be the controller was reading so far ahead that the many A values caused it to try and feed the rotary faster than it was physically able, but I have no idea. We don't want to tell our production manager how we fixed it considering we just spent a bundle to unlock it. 

im not sure where you got the post but have you tried the Generic haas 4x mill post from mastercams tech exchange? Typically that free generic 4x post that is available for download on the tech exchange works great for haas machines without any edits needed in most cases. If you have not tried that post then i would suggest starting there. Just download the generic post, replace the machine in that file and i bet that generic 4x haas post will probably work if i had to guess

• Like 1
5 hours ago, [email protected] said:

Thanks, I will try that generic 4x mill from the tech exchange. Do you know if it is different than the generic haas 4x that comes with MCAM? anyway did you see what got rid of the message? turning of the high speed machining on the controller allowed it to run fine. Kind of odd right?

it should be the same post, my mistake I didn't see it was resolved. yea what you explained did seem odd, but high speed machining should help for a lot other things too so im glad you were able to find the problem and get it resolved

• Like 1