Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Delete Default Planes

LHM

Hello,

Is there a way to delete the Default Planes such as "Right" "Left" "Front" ETC. from your file. Or more specifically can I alter the orienttion or default planes list that import in a new mastercam file?

Thanks

Planes Screenshot.png

That was another enhancement request back around X5 (2012?) - if we can't delete, can we append the name, so TOP could become "TOP (OP1)" and "BOTTOM (OP2)" for example.

It was met with all-round positivity, so naturally went to the bottom of the pile :hrhr: 

• Haha 4

At risk of being told all I ever do is complain about Mastercam, lemme just pile on and say the whole planes thing is pretty jenky, especially when doing COR stuff.

It's almost impossible for me to identify which gnome is which when they're all piled on top of each other and they're all on or all off. I played with the visible / not visible settings in the manager and in the ribbon.

This feature sure could use some TLC. Or I could use some better training on how it works if it's not like that for everyone.  :p

1 hour ago, Jobnt said:

At risk of being told all I ever do is complain about Mastercam, lemme just pile on and say the whole planes thing is pretty jenky, especially when doing COR stuff.

It's almost impossible for me to identify which gnome is which when they're all piled on top of each other and they're all on or all off. I played with the visible / not visible settings in the manager and in the ribbon.

This feature sure could use some TLC. Or I could use some better training on how it works if it's not like that for everyone.  :p

The whole WCS/Planes "thing" is the biggest item to get ones head around (learn) in mcam IMHO, especially when talking 4axis. I'm sure it was Motorcity Minion who posted a great "how to" word doc back in the day.

I put together a pretty comprehensive enhancement request and was then told the whole planes (and manager etc) was getting looked at and a makeover. This was X7....

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Jobnt said:

I'd be happy if you could just organize them after creating them.

• Like 3
34 minutes ago, Newbeeee™ said:

The whole WCS/Planes "thing" is the biggest item to get ones head around (learn) in mcam IMHO, especially when talking 4axis. I'm sure it was Motorcity Minion who posted a great "how to" word doc back in the day.

Back when V9.1sp2 was the latest, Flute Head ( @Hardmill) showed me a way of creating associative WCS's using 2 lines, then being able to move those two lines to move the WCS. That day changed everything for me. Thanks Stevil!

• Like 1