Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Get Verify to stop when shank hits material

medaq

9 minutes ago, #Rekd™ said:

Click on “Verify” when in the verify window. Then drop down “Material Cutting” and make your selection. 

This on my verify is just making it under cut instead of showing the shank rubbing. If I turn it on, it just verifies like it was cutting the material. 

VERIFY1.jpg

VERIFY2.jpg

I am having a similar issue, I am on 2023 and the collision checking menu is no longer under options it is just a drop down arrow you click on the top bar underneath a collision checking button. But my tools shank is either cutting material if I have it set to remove material or just not detecting hitting the stock at all if I turn material removal off. I have all the boxes check for collision checking. Could it be caused by the tolerance for collision being larger than the actual collision? should i make the tolerance tighter?

Just now, [email protected] said:

I am having a similar issue, I am on 2023 and the collision checking menu is no longer under options it is just a drop down arrow you click on the top bar underneath a collision checking button. But my tools shank is either cutting material if I have it set to remove material or just not detecting hitting the stock at all if I turn material removal off. I have all the boxes check for collision checking. Could it be caused by the tolerance for collision being larger than the actual collision? should i make the tolerance tighter?

• Yes, large tolerances will cause collisions to be missed

You can verify the settings in the xml if you are having issues with the dialog

the default is .006 I believe,  it has to be less than the gouge you are detecting,

random question, do you use compare?

I generally rely more on compare than collision events