Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Config setting to remember last number used in translate, rotate, etc? (MC2023)

Thad

1 hour ago, AHarrison1 said:

I think it is this

File - Config - Toolpaths(at the bottom - un-check 'Get Defaults from...'

Thanks, but I'm talking about the CAD side of things (translate, rotate, scale, etc). 

Say I translate a line Y+ .5. The next time I want to translate something, it defaults to Y+ .5. This causes the preview to move/copy my line Y+ .5 before I even type anything. Is there a way to make it not remember the previous value by default? I'm sick of my geometry jumping all over the screen based on the last value when 99.9% of the time, it isn't the direction or distance that I'm trying to achieve.

Try this one,  un-check 'Maintain'

• Maintain: Select to have Mastercam remember the last-used Preview and Fit settings each time you perform a Transform operation. Clear the checkbox to reset Preview and Fit settings to their startup default values (as specified on this property page) each time you perform a Transform operation.

image.thumb.png.25f441e08a178dd5c7f921d27d648bc8.png

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2
17 hours ago, AHarrison1 said:

Try this one,  un-check 'Maintain'

• Maintain: Select to have Mastercam remember the last-used Preview and Fit settings each time you perform a Transform operation. Clear the checkbox to reset Preview and Fit settings to their startup default values (as specified on this property page) each time you perform a Transform operation.

I'll give it a try when time permits. I don't have very high hopes though. It seems to be prevalent in more than just Transform. Even things like changing levels, MC remembers the previous level you changed to. I was thinking there was a "remember last" setting in config, but I think that may have been for chaining.

@AHarrison1That didn't give me what I was looking for.

My problem doesn't lie solely in the preview feature, but rather that the previous values stick and that's what gets previewed initially.  I like the preview, AFTER I type in my numbers.

The second part of it goes like this. Say I have two lines and I want to translate one X2.0 and the other Y-.25. I translate the first one X2.0, click the blue check and select the other one to move Y-.25. The first thing that happens is my second line jumps to X2. before I even type anything. Now I type in Y-.25 and I have to correct the X move to X0. It's annoying and (once again!) adds to the unnecessary extra mouse clicks/typing that MC has become so good at...aLl In ThE nAmE oF hElPiNg Me. 

• Like 1