Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Rotary Engraving- Feed Rate setting

Z Feed

In MCAM 2019 I programmed a feed rate of 2 IPM for my rotary engraving. In posting the program I find about 5 or 6, 7 different feed rates that are associated with my A axis positioning. What may be going on here? Is this a MCAM post issue or a servo machine control (parameter?) issue? 

In a dry run not making chips I see the coordination of my X,A axes working together. I'd like to calm down the faster feed rates. Try to obtain a constant feed rate for both the machine and the rotary. Like synchronize them I believe...

As always , thanks for anything on this matter!

Kevin R.

Thank you for some direction here, I'll make the change on  the Rotary only. I will tread very lightly in and around the Machine Definitons and the Post as these are areas beyond my competence. But this is why and what makes a great work day, tackling a technical issue with MCAM and a machine tool! I love it...

41 minutes ago, #Rekd™ said:

Your 4th axis Rotary is set to Degrees/min. I would use Inverse if you don't have TCPC on your machine to use Unit/min.

I think you missed his question. Does the machine have TCPC?

If not then you need to follow what he has laid out.

Again the feeds on any rotational axis will be degrees per minute if your machine does not have TCPC. Even then I would so testing to ensure everything is matching what I expected it to be. 30 years ago we would take a 10" diameter aluminum Piece and mark it with 360 lines for every angle and then run different feed tests to dial in the inverse time. We would then do the same thing with a 5" and 1" diameter pieces to ensure we have everything with inverse time dialed in.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, Z Feed said:

Thank you for some direction here, I'll make the change on  the Rotary only. I will tread very lightly in and around the Machine Definitons and the Post as these are areas beyond my competence. But this is why and what makes a great work day, tackling a technical issue with MCAM and a machine tool! I love it...

Almost everything I have learned in Mastercam has been learned from reading topics on this forum and trying to figure things out (learning how). 

@Colin Gilchrist  @crazy^millman have helped me a lot, I owe them many thanks!

• Thanks 1
  • Like 3
2 hours ago, #Rekd™ said:

Almost everything I have learned in Mastercam has been learned from reading topics on this forum and trying to figure things out (learning how). 

@Colin Gilchrist  @crazy^millman have helped me a lot, I owe them many thanks!

Glad I have helped you over the years, but I have learned from you also. So thanks back to you.

• Like 2