Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Coming back after so long…

Elad S

You'll find enough different to drive you crazy at first, especially if your neurons still remember how to drive V9 via keyboard shortcuts.

I would think one of the hardest things to overcome would be the tendency to reach for the tools you sort-of remember using, instead of learning everything that's been developed since 2004.   For example, using Pocket instead of Dynamic, or Area Rough instead of Opti, 5axis Flowline instead of learning Unified, etc, etc., which can really be a hinderance. 

Finding the tools is the easiest part, knowing they exist is the hardest.

I'm biased, but I would recommend having a good training class to bring you up to speed on modern methods of managing tools, holders, operations, etc., in addition to leveraging the latest toolpaths.

What kind of work are you doing with it?

• Like 1

Huge v9 fanboi here but liking 2020 much better after spending quite some time getting used to it. 

Definitely spend some time in classes or on the tube watching vids, and ask questions here. These guys are on top of their game and love to help.

• Like 1

How long to learn? I could ask the definition of learn. LOL You could learn to hack around and make parts fairly quickly but to really "know" the software, it will take some time. I do better in a small class with an instructor for learning. I just have a hard time with videos learning. Everyone learns a little differently.

1 hour ago, Jobnt said:

Huge v9 fanboi here but liking 2020 much better after spending quite some time getting used to it. 

Definitely spend some time in classes or on the tube watching vids, and ask questions here. These guys are on top of their game and love to help.

Quoted for posterity....

:lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
22 hours ago, Aaron Eberhard said:

Finding the tools is the easiest part, knowing they exist is the hardest.

This is so true.

When I was first learning Mastercam (2020) I would spend hours drawing a few pieces of wireframe or something, just to learn there's a button that can do it in one click.

:wallbash: