Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

MachSim xml files

So not a Guru

Is there any guides available for how to create or edit the xml files associated with MachSim files?

I am trying to modify a MachSim folder/fileset from a vaguely similar machine to our machine.

I've got all of the stls, the gif & the xml files properly named. And I've tried to edit the xml file to be correct, using my stl files info. But there are a lot of tags in the xml file that I don't know what values are required.

So, I'm getting errors.

1 hour ago, So not a Guru said:

Is there any guides available for how to create or edit the xml files associated with MachSim files?

I am trying to modify a MachSim folder/fileset from a vaguely similar machine to our machine.

I've got all of the stls, the gif & the xml files properly named. And I've tried to edit the xml file to be correct, using my stl files info. But there are a lot of tags in the xml file that I don't know what values are required.

So, I'm getting errors.

Do everything through Machinesim. The encoding and format are extremely important. Always try to start with a machine with as close to the same kinematics as the one you are working with.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, crazy^millman said:

Do everything through Machinesim. The encoding and format are extremely important. Always try to start with a machine with as close to the same kinematics as the one you are working with.

Yeah, I found this. I'm trying to follow it step by step, but no joy yet.