Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Trim Filter

Müřlıń®

1 hour ago, Aaron Eberhard said:

Are you talking about "Trim Many"? image.png.c9e315279d141b4e8499925b41e688ce.png

No,  When I am designing I have a lot of solids on my screen and I am making edge curves of them and extruding cuts and such.

When a curve is in the same place as a solid edge the trim function is problematic and even though I have the curve highlighted, when I 

click my mouse button the cursor moves slightly and one of the selected entities will switch to the solid edge and 

I will get the "cannot trim message...its been a thorn in my side for a long time...you cant tell the selection changes..

47 minutes ago, Thad said:

Wireframe tab > Trim to Entities works for me. Moving my mouse around, only wireframe gets highlighted.

EDIT...OOPS...if you read my other reply ignore that foolishness...lol...

Yes I am using that button on the ribbon...still have same proble.

6 minutes ago, Aaron Eberhard said:

Ah, I think you're talking about Edge Selection:

image.thumb.png.3febb01f797d2f4cbefb125d7348b76b.png

Ya I turned that off and for some reason I still get the messages....maybe it is moving to some auto snap feature...

I am finding I just have kill the solid levels after making my solid curves that need to be trimmed.

But I don't want to mess with the auto snap settings...I just need to filter out the solids without bouncing back and forth to the level manager.

Sometimes I will trim to a solid edge but not very often.

35 minutes ago, Aaron Eberhard said:

Ah, I think you're talking about Edge Selection:

image.thumb.png.3febb01f797d2f4cbefb125d7348b76b.png

Again, you cannot trim an edge of a solid to anything. Why are you (still) allowed to select it for this type of operation? I can kind of understand having it available for the trim TO part, but to have it enabled for everything is downright dumb. Especially with my work flow where I'm creating edge geometry and trimming it a lot. I should be able to have edge selection on by default when created edge geometry and off by default when xxxxing trimming. It's not rocket science. 

And I though someone said this was fixed after 2020? 

30 minutes ago, Müřlıń® said:

I just need to filter out the solids without bouncing back and forth to the level manager.

This. ^^^ A thousand times, this!!

• Like 1
1 minute ago, #Rekd™ said:

Could be as simple as 

Could be, but it's been like this for years. 

Could be as simple as using just a little common sense related to work flow to realize having edge selection on full time or off full time is not a good implementation of a function. With all they dynamic features in MC you'd think this was a no-brainer. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
26 minutes ago, Jobnt said:

Could be as simple as using just a little common sense related to work flow

Sorry, Morlin, that was directed at CNC Software's work flow, NOT yours. :) 

Just now, Müřlıń® said:

trin TO a solid edge...

Oh, oops. :) My bad. 

• Haha 1