Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

ok now what do I do

mayday

this gets better all the time banghead.gif

the boss goes out and finds this dinosoar retrofitted bridgemill with a horz head attachment. It has a 950 acramatic cobbled to a german made waldrich seagran somthing body. As we attempt to make chips on this thing we find out with the horz head there is no way to rotate the axis system to maintain the Z perp to the surface your working on. so in a G18 plane Im drilling with either Y+ or Y-, G19 X+ X-, How in the hay am I going to make this work in MC confused.gif

I have 5 sides I can work on and XYZ stay the same all the time.

CNC illiterate Bosses should never be allowed to buy equipment cuckoo.gif

Well you are going to need ot find the povit distance from the tip of the tool to the center of the rotation. You are then going to need to have all of your drilling cycles output as long code which is done wit hthe MPGEN5AX_FANUC post. The machien problay does not have a compenstaion sysme for the tooltip to a realative point so you will have to program each tool knowing wit hthe povit Distance is for each one. Sounds liek a real pain well yes it is. The easiest way I can think of is to take and indicator come down and touch the tip of the tool and then Zero out the indicator and G92 Z0 the machine if you can or write down the Vaule. Then turn the head 90 and then come down and touch the indicator. Go half the distand of the tool this will be your povit distance for that tool. If you are planning on running 10 tools do this for 10 tools. Thne in the Post you set the question for povit to ask you everytime. In each tool it will ask andthen output the correct code taking into account the povit distance and go from there.

This now becomes 5axis land. I always use the TOP WCS and nothing else. I then create all of my C-planes from there. I also have set my post to clearence automatically using a MI3 to keep from crashing the machine.

Here taking from my post:

code:

pretract2      #5 axis toolpath Clearence Enabled Through Mi3

if mi3 = 1,

[

if zout < 0.,

[

if mr6 < 0.,

[

mr6 = 4.,

pbld, sg00, *mr6, (Z Clearance), e

]

else,

[

pbld, sg00, *mr6, e

]

]

]

This is added to the Toolchage and Null Toolchange blocks and works good when you need it but not perfect.

I hope I am right in my thinkign here. If I am wrong I will be told but maybe it will prompt someone who does know to help out. I only offer this adivce as help not to hinder. Good luck. biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Have you got a picture of this thing?

quote:

CNC illiterate Bosses should never be allowed to buy equipment

We had a boss that bought a super crappy 3 axis / Chevalier thing. rolleyes.gif It's an organ donor. We stole the power drawbar, power knee, and 220V plug off it... That's it.