Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

unified keeps shortening the path?

medaq

I am trying to write a unified 5 axis path. I finally have something that is near perfect to what I want. But for some reason, it is shortening the path at a certain point for no reason I can figure out, and is not finishing the whole surface. I even turned off any collision and deleted any collisions surfaces. but I still get the same result. You can see in one picture it is cutting to the edge of the surface, then shortly after it shortens the path for some mysterious reason. By the time I get to the end it goes back to the edge of the surface. I have modified the reference surface for the tilt so many ways, but they all get the same result. 

unified1.jpg

unified2.jpg

Did another regen and it worked quite well. Now, is there a way to force the behavior to stay to up and down motions? Instead of curving out on the right side? I really wish it was more clear how it is making these decisions? I do chalk it up to my learning of unified. 

unified3.jpg

• Like 1

I'll take a crack at answering blind-

Your pattern result and the curve it has taken on is a reflection of the pattern selection and curve geometry. I'm guessing you're using Parallel or Guide, and you've chosen an edge shorter than the part width as the curve to stay parallel to. There are a few controls that affect how the pattern echoes out from the chosen curves-

If Guide cut pattern-

Turn on Straighten Cuts on boundaries on the Machining Geometies subpage under Cut Pattern

Turn on Extend open input curves on the Guide Curve- Advanced subpage under Cut Pattern

If Parallel cut pattern- Turn on Extend edge curve on the Parameters For Surface Edge Handling subpage under Cut Pattern.

With Unified and multiaxis paths especially, there are so many options and ways to set up your pattern and trimming, it helps to just post the file if at all possible so that we can offer up some examples and avoid guessing about how the path is set up!

• Like 5