Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

3 Axis Deburr operation posting as 4axis??

amw

Hi Guys, Im using the Deburr operation on a 3 axis machine, and have selected 3 axis mode within the deburr toolpath. The part machines ok but for some reason the deburr operation makes the program post like a 4th axis program. The code includes A axis values for all operations, lock and unlock codes, and I get an alarm at the end of the program when the 4th axis is sent home. 

Using MPMaster post. Any ideas how to fix this? I could possibly make another post and get rid of lock codes and the A axis home move at the end, but it would be nice to have the normal MPMaster post work properly with this. 

12 hours ago, amw said:

Hi Guys, Im using the Deburr operation on a 3 axis machine, and have selected 3 axis mode within the deburr toolpath. The part machines ok but for some reason the deburr operation makes the program post like a 4th axis program. The code includes A axis values for all operations, lock and unlock codes, and I get an alarm at the end of the program when the 4th axis is sent home. 

Using MPMaster post. Any ideas how to fix this? I could possibly make another post and get rid of lock codes and the A axis home move at the end, but it would be nice to have the normal MPMaster post work properly with this. 

Here's what you want to do:

In the main ribbon > machine tab > click machine definition > on the top ribbon click axis combinations > in the top box right click and create a new axis combination (rename to 3 axis) > in the components used selection down below click on "machine table group", but nothing in the submenus below it > then check the next menu below titled "machine spindle group" and all of the submenus below that - x axis, y axis, z axis > back out of those menus and save everything on the way out > next go into your deburr cutter path parameters > click additional settings > click axis combination > click new axis combination called "3 axis" > green check, regen, post

Voila! No a axis moves in your code.

axiscombo1.png

axiscombo2.png

• Thanks 1
  • Like 3

Nperry I tried this tonight and it almost works. I created a new axis combination and this does post without rotation if posting just the deburr toolpath. But if i post the full program along with other operations (which use the default axis combinations) it posts with rotation again. I dont want to have to change the axis combination in every operation. Any other suggestions?

11 hours ago, amw said:

Nperry I tried this tonight and it almost works. I created a new axis combination and this does post without rotation if posting just the deburr toolpath. But if i post the full program along with other operations (which use the default axis combinations) it posts with rotation again. I dont want to have to change the axis combination in every operation. Any other suggestions?

Got it, I can recreate this.

So the next step for you is going to require a little more work, and this is just based on what I would do. Someone else might have a better solution.

I'd create two separate machine and control definitions - one called "MPMaster 3x" and another called "MPMaster 4x". Each one would have one default axis combination - the 3x definition would have the 3 axis combination that I showed you how to create and only that combination in the menu. The 4 axis definition would have the "default" that's posting out A motion and only that combination in the menu. That way when you select a machine you select either a 3 axis or 4 axis and you only get the motion you're after and you never have to bother with switching your axis combination in the menus.

If you don't have a 4 axis machine and you flat out don't need to have A motion posted out at all then your solution is simple: go back into that axis combination menu and delete the "default" axis combination. Then your current operations in that file and future operations will automatically default to the new axis combination you created, which is the 3 axis one.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1