Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Hidden entities/models when generating Stock Model

Tinger

I don't know if anyone else runs into this issue, but this happens to me enough to be very annoying. 

On the left is a mesh that I use to define stock shape in a stock model operation. 

On the right, is my result after generating a stock model. A random vise is apart of the original shape. How and why.. I have no clue.

Does anyone else run into this issue when creating stock models?

image.thumb.jpeg.86bda513f1bef3f9cbdd544fc55bde4e.jpeg

13 hours ago, Tinger said:

On the left is a mesh that I use to define stock shape in a stock model operation. 

Try exporting that mesh as an stl file and use the stl file to define your stock model.

If you don't want to do that, make sure that mesh is on a level by itself and that is the only active level

when you process your stock model

I have no idea if either of these will help, I'm just throwing out ideas to see if anything helps.

• Like 1

I see it every once in a while. The workaround I typically use is one of two things:

1. sometimes saving the file will cause the stock model to go dirty, then I can regenerate and everything is ok.

2. go into the stock model and unselect all models then reselect the model you want to use. I assume when you create the stock model and chose define by model that somehow sometimes the stock model will just select a model. Then, after you select the stock model you want to use as stock and generate the stock model, it will show the "ghost" model it selected as well as your selection. I could be way off here, just a guess.

One of the two solutions above, or a mix of both typically fixes it for me without a restart.

• Like 1

Yep, as TFarrell9 mentioned, this is a common problem.  I worked with Curtiss @ Mastercam's QC department recently to pin down exactly what causes it and get it logged as D-48731. 

The trick is a second Dynamic Transform after you import solid models.  In your case, you imported the vise into your file.  If you had done a dynamic transform right then, it wouldn't have happened.  But, after accepting the import, Dynamic Transform again.    For some reason, this now flags the solids onscreen as part of the stock model.

As mentioned, the solution is to just save the file, possibly reopening it.  I can't remember if you need to reopen it off the top of my head?  That forces it to go through all of the solids association, realize there's a problem with that stock model referencing solids that aren't supposed to be included and then dirtying it.   When it's regened, it'll be fine.

There's no need to export/mesh/delete/anything else.  That'll fix ya up.

• Thanks 2
  • Like 3