Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Stock Model selection

G10X0Y0Z0

3 hours ago, Kyle F said:

Ron is a contract programmer so he programs for many different shops/scenarios. he probably uses a lot of specific holders downloaded from the manufacturer's website and they come with the taper included. It's only an issue when he's adding "new" holders to the library. It shouldn't be that hard for mastercam to remove the taper from the gage length measurement in activereports... You'd think it would be an easy fix.

@crazy^millmanthat makes perfect sense. I only program for my own shop so when I add holders to the library I just get out my 6" calipers and create my holders from "scratch" so I've never dealt with the taper added to my setup sheets. It's rare we are adding holders to my library so I don't sweat it but I understand in your line of work how much of a pain that could be.

Exactly our group has well over 500 hours doing this since holders were introduced into the software. Still amazed I go into a lot of shops and what you are doing puts you into the top 20% of programmers that are doing that.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

I get the impression that Mastercam has a lot of old software baggage.  Makes me wonder if they will have to do a "split" similar to what Esprit did with their TNG release a few years ago if they want to fully implement all of the new stuff that's coming out in the future at a quicker pace.

38 minutes ago, rgrin said:

I get the impression that Mastercam has a lot of old software baggage.  Makes me wonder if they will have to do a "split" similar to what Esprit did with their TNG release a few years ago if they want to fully implement all of the new stuff that's coming out in the future at a quicker pace.

I know years ago that was expressly what they wanted to avoid...can't speak to the "now"