Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Warm Up Program

Hi guys,

I wanna make warm up program for Nicolas CNC mill machine, 

The table is 5m x 2m, 

How do i make a program that runs from home?

Do i make the parameter on mastercam then edit the origin of NC code ?

I'm trying to make a program the run horizontally like the screen shot below to so the machinist can clean up the chips using the coolant whilst running the warmup program.

Height of Z-axis : 300mm from machine table.

image.png.c42c9fa57c0cefd59d94ce9f8ccfe2b3.png

On 1/18/2024 at 8:16 PM, #Rekd™ said:

A Macro would be the choice for this.

What is that?

On 1/18/2024 at 8:19 PM, AHarrison1 said:

Create a contour program maybe an inch or 2 in from your table extents, make it a sub-routine (after m30)

loop sub-routine (n) times.

How do i make it a sub-routine? And what will sub routine do?

On 1/18/2024 at 11:26 PM, rgrin said:

Hand write a program that starts at machine home and then just G1 back and forth while incrementing spindle speed up every pass is what I did.

Is the code to start from machine home => G90 G10 L2 P_X_Y_Z.   ??

9 hours ago, Izzat said:

That is the code to write to Fanuc G54 work offsets.

I'm not familiar with Nicolas mill so I am just assuming it's Fanuc based control.  To send the machine home you would write it out as follows:

G49G53Z0.0  (Full Retract on Z-axis)

G91G28X0.Y0. (Send X-Y axis home.  Typically tool change position but depends on how your machine is setup)

On 1/21/2024 at 8:16 PM, Izzat said:

What is that?

How do i make it a sub-routine? And what will sub routine do?

Because terminology is CRITICAL in CNC Functions, it is important to understand Sub-Programs and Sub-Routines ARE different. Most people think the terms can be freely interchanged but they should not be IMHO. 

A Sub-Program is a call to an external program. M98/M198Pnnnn or M98/M198<EXAMPLE>

A Sub-Routine is a call within the same program. M98Q1234 with the Q being the routing/section to jump to. 

And because we're taking about this stuff, may as well mention MACRO calls; G65Pnnn or custom G-Codes or custom M-Codes and perhaps passing some arguments along.

Here's a PDF we pass along to our customers that is pretty rich in details/explanations about FANUC Custom MACRO B. Some of the credit as tonsome of the details in it should go to some of our fellow eMastercammers that like to talk trash about FANUC controls not being able to do this or that. :P :rofl:

We're at Rev. D. As questions get asked, and we get time, it gets updated. 

Hope this helps. :cheers:

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/w6fbkogex8wytpnqp7mgc/Custom-MACRO-B-Simplified-Guide.pdf?rlkey=ko1e4jlqgwt42x0829qwe62gg&dl=0 

• Thanks 3
  • Like 4
7 hours ago, cncappsjames said:

Because terminology is CRITICAL in CNC Functions, it is important to understand Sub-Programs and Sub-Routines ARE different. Most people think the terms can be freely interchanged but they should not be IMHO. 

A Sub-Program is a call to an external program. M98/M198Pnnnn or M98/M198<EXAMPLE>

A Sub-Routine is a call within the same program. M98Q1234 with the Q being the routing/section to jump to. 

And because we're taking about this stuff, may as well mention MACRO calls; G65Pnnn or custom G-Codes or custom M-Codes and perhaps passing some arguments along.

Here's a PDF we pass along to our customers that is pretty rich in details/explanations about FANUC Custom MACRO B. Some of the credit as tonsome of the details in it should go to some of our fellow eMastercammers that like to talk trash about FANUC controls not being able to do this or that. :P :rofl:

We're at Rev. D. As questions get asked, and we get time, it gets updated. 

Hope this helps. :cheers:

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/w6fbkogex8wytpnqp7mgc/Custom-MACRO-B-Simplified-Guide.pdf?rlkey=ko1e4jlqgwt42x0829qwe62gg&dl=0 

That is an amazing guide, James.  Thanks for posting it!

• Like 2