Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

2024 for dumb question

greenxman

No different really than the earlier versions, 2.23 and 2022 both had 4 patches

Here is a link to resolved issues for 2024

https://cnc-prod-downloads.azureedge.net/public/public/general/mastercam2024-update1-resolved-issues.pdf?sv=2021-08-06&ss=b&srt=o&se=2024-01-23T19%3A57%3A53Z&sp=r&sig=j2vfmFLabBuJ63tjcLE1WuXyulsmmfqewMEMpmpLW1E%3D

Edited by AHarrison1
Incorrect link
  • Like 2

A new release typically gets 4-5 patches before they call it done and move on to development of the next version.  2024 has been out for several months, it's not like all this happened in the past 23 days.  I have been using 2024 since release and it has run pretty well for me.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, greenxman said:

i just went over to download 2024 and there are 5 patches for it already why? It does not make me want to load it. what is going on? 

So you have only the original version of Windows on your computer and have never updated it once? Let me guess you're a perfect out of the box programmer who's speeds and feeds and code is always perfect? Improving things is always a good thing in my book, but I am the crazy person in the room so there is that.

• Haha 2

If you look at the Update releases, generally Mastercam has been moving from a small number of large Updates, to spreading these out over a larger number of updates which can be delivered faster. This means that, among other things, we can sync up to things like file format changes for importers for different software like Solidworks/etc closer to when those other products release, rather than waiting months and months for the next Update to drop.

• Like 4
  • 2 weeks later...