Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Quoting times

rchipper

On 1/26/2024 at 1:28 PM, rchipper said:

This may be a silly question but:

Is there anything in Mastercam that will give me the cubic inches of material removed so I calculate that into cycle times? Looking at speeding up my quoting times.

Thanks in advance.

Stock models show cubic volume, so just compare the final one to the initial.

On 1/26/2024 at 1:47 PM, #Rekd™ said:

HSM advisor does I believe. 

HSM Advisor will give him MMR, which is necessary for his calculation, but it knows nothing about how much metal he started with or the cubic volume of his part.

On 1/29/2024 at 9:02 PM, lathe guy said:

Mastercam will give you volume of solids If you hit analyze entity, click on the solid for the part or stock, then hit the properties box. Then its just math from there.

This could probably be automated with a C-Hook.

But roughing is "usually" the fast part....it's the last 20ish% finishing and the small tools needed, and any surfacing/ramping faces, and the surface finish requirements, and the feature tolerances etc, which can take the time and catch one out.... :shrug:

6 hours ago, Newbeeee™ said:

.it's the last 20ish% finishing and the small tools needed

Classic Pareto Principle, still looking for an arena in life where that last 20% doesn't bone you if you're not careful. Also, time-wise, don't forget to account for arguing with the customer over the flatness callout on the print, when they actually wanted parallelism.

• Like 2
On 2/2/2024 at 10:17 AM, SuperHoneyBadger said:

don't forget to account for arguing with the customer over the flatness callout on the print, when they actually wanted parallelism.

Lol.. funny you mention that, I received this in my email last week.

image.png.0e497519a8f15038bdfac30b67df384c.png

• Haha 6