Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

How to cancel rotation position?

Cavi Mike

Once I've selected a rotation position, I can't find a way to cancel it out to return back to default auto, I must constantly select a new rotation position or deal with my part swinging wildly once I move away from that view. Is there a way to reset this?

image.jpeg.a332840ca30c33a570bd89ae70479d11.jpeg

Default Auto? Once you set a rotation using a 3D mouse then that as far as i Know is the one used forward. I like the current process. It use to reset and I didn't like it going every where. Just goes to show they can't please all of us when it comes to developing the software.

wait,... You can set a rotation position? 😂

lol guess you learn something new every day! can't wait to try it, always bothered me when I was zoomed in on wireframe with no solid model in sight trying to rotate out into the abyss

12 minutes ago, crazy^millman said:

Default Auto? Once you set a rotation using a 3D mouse then that as far as i Know is the one used forward. I like the current process. It use to reset and I didn't like it going every where. Just goes to show they can't please all of us when it comes to developing the software.

Since when has MC ever tried to please anyone? All MC does is exactly what you do - blame the user. And 19.5k posts? Holy crap do you even do anything besides sit on this forum all day?

• Haha 2
2 minutes ago, Cavi Mike said:

Since when has MC ever tried to please anyone? All MC does is exactly what you do - blame the user. And 19.5k posts? Holy crap do you even do anything besides sit on this forum all day?

Huh?

No a$$hole in the last 20 years of being here I haven't.

17 minutes ago, Cavi Mike said:

All MC does is exactly what you do - blame the user. And 19.5k posts? Holy crap do you even do anything besides sit on this forum all day?

Show up and take a shot at one of the most knowledgeable guys on this forum... doesn't seem like the smartest move to me :no

• Like 2
  • Haha 6
35 minutes ago, Kyle F said:

wait,... You can set a rotation position? 😂

lol guess you learn something new every day! can't wait to try it, always bothered me when I was zoomed in on wireframe with no solid model in sight trying to rotate out into the abyss

ALT+F12 (that icon) is set your center of rotation, but that's for the 3d controller/rotation controller (3d Connexion).  The default behavior is to rotate around the Origin (0,0,0).  If you set a new rotation center for your mouse view, but if you need to "reset" it, you can choose a new rotation center and hit "o" to snap to the WCS origin.   It will not affect your middle mouse button rotation.

Your middle mouse button rotation will either:

1) If you press the middle mouse button and there's geometry under it - it will rotate around whatever point is under the mouse cursor when you hit the button.

2) If you press the middle mouse button and there's no geometry under it - it will rotate around the center of graphics view.

If you'd like to map it to your 3d connexion dialog, it's called "pick rotational center"

image.png.01c449d4f2ec1befa2726c88375a4205.png

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1
43 minutes ago, Jake L said:

Show up and take a shot at one of the most knowledgeable guys on this forum... doesn't seem like the smartest move to me :no

Yeah, apparently he hasn't improved himself at all in the past 4 years:

Ah well, I hope someone learned something for this thread :)

• Haha 2