Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Please add option to use Last operation's NC file name as default for imported operations

Importing ops is something I do all the time, and I believe I'm not alone with this. But why would I ever want to use the imported file's name as default for the imported operation? No, I want it to be the same as in every other op in the machine group. Please add option to do this. Changing file name every time after import (or forgetting to do that, even after all the years) is no fun. And CAM-programming is supposed to be fun, right?

Edit: I know there are multiple options under Config->Toolpath Manager->NC File name but only "Last operation's NC file name" works for our process.

19 hours ago, SlaveCam said:

Importing ops is something I do all the time, and I believe I'm not alone with this. But why would I ever want to use the imported file's name as default for the imported operation? No, I want it to be the same as in every other op in the machine group. Please add option to do this. Changing file name every time after import (or forgetting to do that, even after all the years) is no fun. And CAM-programming is supposed to be fun, right?

Edit: I know there are multiple options under Config->Toolpath Manager->NC File name but only "Last operation's NC file name" works for our process.

This not working for you?

image.thumb.png.be5147c084fea380c5e828c71055acd3.png

3 hours ago, crazy^millman said:

This not working for you?

image.thumb.png.be5147c084fea380c5e828c71055acd3.png

Hello,

Not what I meant. I meant this:

image.png.15fd62b2bc03b335a89e477d6947746b.png

The operation's NC file name is assigned same as file name by default. But I wish there was a checkbox such as "Use default NC file name" etc. that would change the operation's file name automatically according to setting under Config->Toolpath Manager->NC File name.

Also it seems I remembered incorrectly, the file name is not assigned same as Source library but current file name instead.

15 minutes ago, SlaveCam said:

Hello,

Not what I meant. I meant this:

image.png.15fd62b2bc03b335a89e477d6947746b.png

The operation's NC file name is assigned same as file name by default. But I wish there was a checkbox such as "Use default NC file name" etc. that would change the operation's file name automatically according to setting under Config->Toolpath Manager->NC File name.

Also it seems I remembered incorrectly, the file name is not assigned same as Source library but current file name instead.

Sorry all we have are these settings. I name the Machine Name or the Toolpath group and use them from time to time.

image.thumb.png.53523b19fc1a8f5b9270eae92e6950ed.png

I use the Toolpath Manager settings....have since the inception of "X"....that said, when importing OP's I always end up having to rename them, the tool manager settings don't get applied...new ops created, yup they'll pick it up.;....imported ops, newp

This would also be convenient when drag drop or copying within the same file. I do this a lot. My habit it to rename the nc file and prog number every time before I post otherwise I wonder why it asks to post the same file twice.