Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

A Favor please..

biss03

I've uploaded a file to the FTP site called josh.mc8. This file is typical of the problems i have when trying to shade the surfaces on files of this size (app. 11 mb) with my system. When you open the file, the first thing you will have to do is turn on all levels except the one labeled "do not use". then try shading it and see how long it takes for this to happen. with my system, it takes quite a few minutes (haven't timed it yet but am guessing somewhere around 5 minutes). I'm wondering if this is typical for a file of this size or if something is wrong with my graphics card settings. I'm using a NVIDIA GeForce4 Ti4800 graphics card. I've tried changing just about every setting and still get the same results (or worse). I'm using windows 2000 on a pentium 3 system with as much RAM as i can put on the board.

can someone please try this out and let me know what you think? I would appreciate it very much!

if i forgot any information, slap upside the head and let me know biggrin.gif

I can't download your file now.

But there seems a problem with a surface in that layer.

Unshade and check surfaces.

I think there should be a self intersecting surface or bad surface in that layer.

I use Rhino usually and when such a thing happen the first thing I do is looking for bad geo using "BAD" command. And %99 of time I can fix it with

1- Untrim and a ReTrim again.

2- Rebuild edges of surfaces

You can alwais use partial shade :

cHECK IN IN SHADE SETTINGS SLECTED Surfaces and use select by window,level ,color and so on .

Once with more then 80000 surfaces I had this problem ,but not with file of your size .

Change settings for allocations screen->config->allocations and try once more .

If you open all te levels then shade it on your box how long does it take with all the levels on?

I am will the others it comes fast.

If I have shading on and turn all the levels on so they shade as they come on about 30 sec.

once on Alt "S" it is instant on and off.

Jay... this morning i timed it out and it was around 1 1/2 minutes to shade everything after turning all levels on. Can't explain why it was quicker than before but it still seems to be too long. this file is typical of the size files i create but i do have some files that are quite a bit larger (say 2 - 2 1/2 times) and they take forever to shade. needless to say, this gets very annoying having to wait for it to finish and then i can't even do any graphical rotations without it being "choppy" when it moves.