Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Integrating G234 in fanuc 5x generic post

Hello!!
Starting from a generic 5x post from Fanuc, I was able to convert it to Heidenhain AC and Haas BC. But only for 3+2 operations.

I want to add G234 (TCPC) to use the post in 5x continuous.

Could someone help me, to see how to get started?

Best regards

1 hour ago, ikertx0 said:

Could someone help me, to see how to get started?

Sure...

Pickup phone, call reseller...hello, I would like to buy a post with these options and I'll send some sample code...

That edit is no easy lift.

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, JParis said:

Sure...

Pickup phone, call reseller...hello, I would like to buy a post with these options and I'll send some sample code...

That edit is no easy lift.

I have purchased all the posts from postability. Just because I like to schedule posts I want to do it as a hobby

I agree with the posters above that you will be best off going through your reseller for a post.

The G234 TCPC function on the Haas controller uses a part relative coordinate system. This mean that for multi-axis toolpaths programmed using Top-top-top, the XYZ values in the back plot match the XYZ values in the G-code.

If don't recommend doing this this, but if you wanted to oversimplify and are just playing around as a hobby, then you can try directly outputting the x$, y$, z$ values when the G234 is active.

in theory it is this simple, but I wouldn't totally trust that method for building a post and running it on a machine. It might work decently well in most cases, but eventually you will run into a condition where this oversimplification comes back around and costs you more in the long run.

On 4/11/2024 at 6:52 PM, Alex Dales said:

I agree with the posters above that you will be best off going through your reseller for a post.

The G234 TCPC function on the Haas controller uses a part relative coordinate system. This mean that for multi-axis toolpaths programmed using Top-top-top, the XYZ values in the back plot match the XYZ values in the G-code.

If don't recommend doing this this, but if you wanted to oversimplify and are just playing around as a hobby, then you can try directly outputting the x$, y$, z$ values when the G234 is active.

in theory it is this simple, but I wouldn't totally trust that method for building a post and running it on a machine. It might work decently well in most cases, but eventually you will run into a condition where this oversimplification comes back around and costs you more in the long run.

I don't understand your answer very well.

I must create a new postblock, to specify that when they are 5-axis operations, is that correct?
Could you give an example? I don't quite understand outputting the x$, y$, z$ values when the G234 is active.

I have created the p_5axis postblock to block these operations.
p_5axis
     if (tool_op$ = 28 | tool_op$ = 29 | tool_op$ = 45 | tool_op$ = 48 | tool_op$ = 49 | tool_op$ = 107 | tool_op$ = 109 | tool_op$ = 110 |
     tool_op$ = 111 | tool_op$ = 112 | tool_op$ = 113 | tool_op$ = 441 | tool_op$ = 442 | tool_op$ = 443 | tool_op$ = 444 | tool_op$ = 445 |
     tool_op$ = 446 | tool_op$ = 447 | tool_op$ = 448 | tool_op$ = 449 | tool_op$ = 450 | tool_op$ = 451 | tool_op$ = 461),
     [
     result = mprint ("Configurado solamente para mecanizados 3+2. No es posible realizar operaciones de 5 ejes continuos.")
     exitpost$
     ]

I can write to use G234 when using one of those operations, but do I simply have to replace x$, y$, z$ with what values?

p_g234
    if p_5axis ,
       [
       pbld,n$, "G234", *tlngno$, *x$, *y$, *z$, e$
       ]

Best regards

fmt  "X" 2  x$        #X position G234
fmt  "Y" 2  y$        #Y position G234
fmt  "Z" 2  z$        #Z position G234

p_g234
    if (tool_op$ = 28 | tool_op$ = 29 | tool_op$ = 45 | tool_op$ = 48 | tool_op$ = 49 | tool_op$ = 107 | tool_op$ = 109 | tool_op$ = 110 |
     tool_op$ = 111 | tool_op$ = 112 | tool_op$ = 113 | tool_op$ = 441 | tool_op$ = 442 | tool_op$ = 443 | tool_op$ = 444 | tool_op$ = 445 |
     tool_op$ = 446 | tool_op$ = 447 | tool_op$ = 448 | tool_op$ = 449 | tool_op$ = 450 | tool_op$ = 451 | tool_op$ = 461),
     [
     pbld, n$, "G254 (DWO ON)", e$
     pbld, n$, *xout, *yout, e$
     pbld, n$, "G255 (DWO OFF)", e$
     pbld, n$, "G234", *tlngno$, *x$, *y$, *z$, e$
     ]

T8 M06 ( MPMHVD2000 )
G54 G17 G90
S3501 M03
G00 B-5.995 C88.739
G254 (DWO ON)
X-88.688 Y-101.794
G255 (DWO OFF)
G234 H8 X99.662 Y-97.922 Z62.164
G00 G54 G90 Y-101.794 C88.739 B-5.995 S3501 M03  ---------- DELETE
G45 D38 X-88.688  ------------ DELETE
X-88.688 Y-101.794  ----------- DELETE
G43 H8 Z71.82 --------- DELETE
X-105.861
Z-16.526
X-107.387
Z-24.379
G01 X-107.769 Z-26.342 F1960.6

Will this be the code to delete?

if cut_ra_head & use_g45, #Swap xout and yout based on offset axis
          [
          p_g234
          tloffno2 = tlngno$ + g45_of_add
          pcan1, pbld, n$, *sgcode, pwcs, *sgabsinc, *yout, *p_out, *s_out,
            *speed, *spindle, pgear, strcantext, e$
          pbld, n$, "G45", *tloffno2, *xout, e$
          ]
        else,
          [
          #pcan1, pbld, n$, *sgcode, pwcs, *sgabsinc, *xout, *yout, *p_out, *s_out,
            #*speed, *spindle, pgear, strcantext, e$

]
        ]

It's a good start, I'm proud.
I have to eliminate some line of code.

I have a question, where does the XY position that is between G254 and G255 come from? since the one that currently appears is wrong, checking with the purchased post