Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Custom Right Click Menu Chook

bryan314

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

pno,

I have no plans for double-middleclicks at this time. I had some in in the first version of mmouse for MC v8.1.1 a looooong time ago and found them to much of a problem. I was getting too many misfires. Half the time on double-m-click i'd get single m-click. frown.gif

Bryan smile.gif

Yes biggrin.gif I had the same problem in the past when I start to use this option. But after 1 week I paste over it. When I change my old Logitech mouse with 3 buttons with an Microsoft with scroll button I have again the same problem curse.gif but for a short time wink.gif

Now it's an old Microsoft Explorer Intellimouse optical with 5 buttons. In the moment when I buy, it was the single mouse ...compare with Logitech and other Microsoft optical and scroll all models... with a soft touch for the middle button, a good shape for easy to use.

.....excuse my english... confused.gif

cheers.gifcheers.gifcheers.gif

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

quote:

..I don't now Jay ...

Jay is CADCAM, the guy that hosts the forum FTP site. I was just poking fun at his expense biggrin.gif .

Forward and Backward??? confused.gifheadscratch.gif ???

I' missing something...

James teh brain dead... biggrin.gif

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Ooops, I forgot a function - Macros

You can just open up the lua file with a text editor and insert this snippet between the

code:

{ }, --separator

--CHOOKS SUBMENU

Just insert a cariage return in there and copy and paste.

code:

--MACRO SUBMENU

{ "submenu", "Macros", menu =

{

{ "mc", "mcrec", "Record (Toggle)",},

{ "mc", "mcpause", "Pause (Toggle)",},

{ "mc", "mcplay", "Playback (Toggle)",},

},

},

HTH

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

quote:

...the mouse I use has 2 extra buttons, I think they are used for forward page and back page in internet explorer, I was wondering if they can be assinged mastercam functions...

That question is probably better answered by our C-Hook guru Bryan. I personally have no idea.

James teh coding novice

Code_Breaker,

We have a winner! cheers.gif My program doesn't like the Logitech mouse. ( Like I said c**p-for-brains-programmer curse.gif ) Does your email allow receiving zip attachments? Would you be willing to run a test program for me? I'd like to send you a test chook when I get into work tomorrow. If you can't receive zip attachments I can set a temp file on my website for you to download.

somename75,

Here's what our designers do. Assign the forward and back button in your mouse control to a function key; F1, F2 or something like that. The controls for my optical mouse are located in Windows Control Panel. You probably know where yours are. In mastercam under screen configure. assign the desired functions to the same function key. Function keys are one of the few single key commands mastercam runs. Most are Alt-key combinations. Now when you use the buttons they send F1, F2, etc and mastercam treats them like a normal key press. No fancy chooks needed.

If your worried about losing forward and backward I know some mice allow you to reassign the buttons on a per-program-basis.

Bryan smile.gif

quote:

But I want to modify to have dynamic pan on middle click ..default.. not dynamic rotate.

How can I do this? It's possible?

pno,

sorry missed this question earlier. YES, totaly possible and designed in. Open the .lua file and look at the configuration options at the bottom of the file. The middleclick, shift-middle, ctrl-middle, and shift-ctrl middle all have options.

The default for middleclick is 0 change it to the gview pan number. (I believe it's '2' but I'm not sure. I'm at home right now and don't have a file infront of me. )

Bryan smile.gif

quote:

I did some behind-the-sceens-magic with the MMB and it's already that way.

(shift/ctrl/whatever) MMB down and held-down starts gview dynamic, pan, etc.... Releasing the MMB (MMB up) exits.

Where can I find new codes?

My mouse doesn't work well. Sometimes holding SHIFT and pressing MMB still works as rotate, and Releasing the MMB doesn't exit eiter.

I'm using 1 A4Tech 5 buttons 2 scrolls.

Hey Mill man ,I am going to lego land at the end of the month.

coming up there friday morning staying at hotel near buy got to legoland saturday and going home sunday.

If you get a chance send me your #..

I just might have to give you a call while I am close by..

Jay