Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mastercam Art

steve f

"I must be blinded by all the flaming "C's" on a red background."

That you are, along with the rest of the hockey world. Not bad for a team that wasn't even expected to make it into the playoffs, wouldn't you agree?

We have a trendy avenue up here in Calgary close to downtown that turns into an insane pool of humanity every day there is a Flame's game...called the "Red Mile" as it turns out. Saturday night 40,000 people crammed into a 6 block stretch to basically let there animal instincts go wild (there's proof at www.flamesgirls.com but you didn't get it from me) The cops won't let you park there after 3:30 p.m. and by noon on game day all the bars are full waiting for the puck to drop.

I love this city,

steve

Now to completly hi-jack this thread....

GO FLAMES!!!

I've been rooting for the underdogs from the get-go...however them knocking off 3 division champs to get to the cup they arn't really the underdog anymore! haha

They deserve to win just for the flamesgirls, at least! Nice link, Steve.

Some of the "buttons" and corner images I use on web sites I create in mastercam, I think it's allready artistic software. I take a screen shot of the finished object and make all things black transparent in PSP.

I'm instantly excited about this product.

Well anything will be an improvement over Artcam one of the best ideas for a cam program but one of the worst executions and the worst technical support in the software industry. flame.gif

I cannot wait to take a look at what all it has to offer.

quote:

Some of the "buttons" and corner images I use on web sites I create in mastercam, I think it's allready artistic software. I take a screen shot of the finished object and make all things black transparent in PSP.

I'm instantly excited about this product.

JAMMAN great to see another webby in here. I designed web sites for 4 years until I thought I would try a machining class and look where I am now. cuckoo.gif

Gotta disagree on that one Tazzer. Artcam is a fine 3D design package for designing intricate 3D reliefs and engravings which has some sensational tools not found anywhere else, That's why it is used at the Franklin Mint and the US Mint for designing our new quarters, etc. Having said that, and having used Artcam myself, I would create the 3D relief stl model and import to Mcam for machining - Artcams machining package is rather primitive.

Phil

I agree with you Phil that it has some great 3D options probably the best any software package has out. With the training I had with it, I just hated the crap out of it with the layout and cumbersome way of doing things. It felt as if Delcam went for looks and not ease of use. However if they would simplify and use a typical interface that most 3D packages have it would be excellent. However I still say thier support is rather pathetic.

quote:

It felt as if Delcam went for looks and not ease of use. However if they would simplify and use a typical interface that most 3D packages have it would be excellent.

smile.gif Trazzer which typical interface are you talking about. Now adays almost all biggies are having similar interface. Though I agree that it is rather pathetic.

Hi cadist, I just hate the side menu that it uses, it is just cumbersome and annoying to use.

I just disliked the way the pop-up menus on the side were put into use. If it were more like solidworks or rhino or the way Mastercam X is shaping up I wouldn't have a gripe. However to each thier own, thier are people that say the same about mastercam, solidworks, proe etc..., It is just ones opinion towards a particular software package. bonk.gif

Anyway I would rather talk about the excitement of Mastercam Art and what it might/will include than my gripes toward artcam. idea.gif

One of the tools I liked are the pixel and color based Z value definitions. I look forward to seeing these pixel based drawing tools in future Mcam releases or in the Mcam Art Beta maybe?? Did you know that you can take an actual photo or any image file and assign Z values according to greyscale darkness or lightness values and convert the photo into a 3D relief stl file. Then you can machine a relief as a realistic 3D rendering or machine it in plastic to produce a Lithophane (you see the image when you hold it up to the light). Just some food for thought. cool.gif

Come to think of it I do remember that the interface was cumbersome, as if they were trying to make it way too user freindly and the results turned out just the opposite.

Phil