Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Site sponsorship

Webby

eMastercam.com has started a site sponsorship program. Links to sponsors' web sites will appear in the footer area of the entire web site, including the Mastercam forum.

In addition to bringing useful CAD/CAM/CNC related products and services to the attention of our users, sponsorship will ensure that eMastercam.com continues to expand its site content, and to offer free expert knowledge on the Mastercam Forum.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Webby, after much thought, I think I'd personally pay $25 a year toward this board's maintenance. Even though I don't ask many questions, it's nice knowing that there are sooooo many "Black Belts" out there to bounce questions/ideas off, it just makes sense. BTW, need/want a volunteer moderator?

------------------

James M. ;)

Hey Webby,

Would it be possible to have In House Solutions assist in the subscription program? Since they already deal with internet sales of their tutorials I don't think it would be that difficult! I hate the thought of losing this forum. I would gladly assist in whatever capacity that is needed.

I think if our companies are getting smarter programmers from this forum then they would probably be willing to pay to keep there programmer on the forum to get help when needed. Or, when there is a maintenance upgrade for the next version. Include a small cost to have access to the forum.

------------------

Lou Wilson

Cnc Programmer

http://www.opinc.com

To answer James' earlier question, we are seeking corporate sponsorship in the form of footer advertising links. I didn't understand your 'attaboy' comment or where it came from. Administration of subscription fees could be involved. To those who see the value of this forum, would you have paid prior to reading your first message?

To lovell110 - we are In-House Solutions. But I see what you are saying - use the eCommerce engine to receive payment and generate forum passwords. Good idea. I think we'll stick to our current plan.

To answer the previous question: I doubt most people would pay for the forum without having used it a while. It's hard to explain the value -must be experienced.

That's why I think a free 30 day trial would work.

Everyone is used to everything being free on the internet, but that's not business reality. I hope the site sponsorship idea works (please send me pricing info for that).

But the reality is you must find a way for it to generate revenue. I'd rather pay for a good, useful forum, than not have one.