Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

MC 9.1 MR0304 REST MILL

lou

I have had some trouble with my rest mill ever sence I loaded MR0304. When I backplot the cutterpath it will be working it's way down into a small area. THEN it will jump all the way to the bottom of the pocket and do a couple paths then jumps back up and works the rest of the way down in the small area. NOT very good in steel eek.gif

Has anyone else have this problem?

Thanks, Lou

Lou,

We have experienced the same problems since we installed MR0304. Restmill used to be very reliable before, but now it skips all over the place, stabs randomly, and tries to cut where material is already removed. We never had a tool breakage problem. Now we have to go over toolpath carefully to avoid breakage.

lynnz

Finally, someone else that feels my pain.. banghead.gif I sent the file into Mastercam but I have not heard anything back yet???? I hope they will fix this soon. Because it is a great tool and now I feel handicapped without it. frown.gif

It almost feels like restmill is a taboo subject. I had problems with it at one time and gave up on it. Someone came along a showed me the way it "really" works and now it is a great tool. biggrin.gif

Thank you for the reply, Lou

Mike,

I will be contacting them today to see about a bug # I just wanted to throw it out on the forum to make sure that I am not crazy. cuckoo.gif

I searched the forum and I am surprised on how little restmill seems to be used. I may be wrong?? Like I said, there was a time that I didnt use it because some things did not make sence to me.

Thanks for the reply! Keep em coming, I will take all the input I can get on this. biggrin.gif

Have a good Day, Lou