Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

WEDM cannot program large rad

tmalinski

MasterCam ver 9.1

Fanuc WEDM Machines (Fanuc a1iA / 18i-W machines)

Is there a setting in MasterCam Wire that tells it to ignore a large rad and cut a straight line instead? I have a shape with an arc segment radius of 23.281" and when posted it generates a wirepath straight across from point to point. But when I cut a similar shape with a smaller 10.00" Rad segment it works fine. Can this be an error in our custom post?

Thanks Tom..

Tom .

I do not have wire ,but from mill analogy if your filter is on and arcs are on you have min and max arc settings and this can be an issue .

Try change the settings .

Also you mast have this settings in the post ,open your *.pst in any ascii editor like notepad read comments on arc minimal max settings or arc linerization and change settings .

Do not forget to make backup of you original post file prior to any changes

HTH

WTHH

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We have a Sodick, and it does not like to see circles programed 360 deg at one time. For example, if we need to cut a complete circle it needs to be programed in two 180 deg radi.

can not explain it, but thats the way she likes it

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is a post feature ,rather nice for controls ,not supporting arcs>180 degrees.

Check your post settings

WTHH

Thanks everybody for your input. I have checked the filter settings and it is set for 100" so thats probably not the issue. As I have further investigate it seems as though this may be a visual issue only with the BackPlot feature. We resurected our old NC Polaris software and duplicated the wirepath. The posted file is identical, with identical values for the IJ codes and other stuff. So now I'm not sure there is a problem at all except for the way the Backplot feature depicts this. Strange though, because changing the radius segment size from 23.281" to 18" or 12" and Backplot looks perfect.

If we use Cimco Edit for the verify function rather than MC Backplot is ther a way to keep the "geometry to be cut" on the screen while the verify runs its course, similar to Backplot?

Sory so long winded

Tom..

Tom .

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So now I'm not sure there is a problem at all except for the way the Backplot feature depicts this. Strange though, because changing the radius segment size from 23.281" to 18" or 12" and Backplot looks perfect.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In backplot->display settings->appearance->check in show coordinates and check in verbouse mode and you will see if the move line or arc

also in apperiance ensure that colors for line ,arc g2 and g3 are different

if you uncheck in general :->erase toolpath in repaint you will be able to see it after backplot.

And the last -you can alwais read your code

HTH

WTHH

Teh in backplot I trust