Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Surface milling

Hi

I thought I would ask this, how many people are hearing there setup people complaining about surface machining and multiaxis tool paths giving to much code, they can't follow it, no cutter comp in rough cycles and more? This is some of what I am hearing as they go back to trying to program 3+2 milling at the machine on multiple pocket jobs and more.

Don S

Well I dont hear it and if the part comes out right what does it matter. Mastercam does not use cutter comp in Roughing operation and doesn't need to in my humble opinion. As far as 3+2 goes think they need to see the benifts of being able to get the part done in complex methods that Mastercam gives you that having to do it by hand will not. Time is money and money is time and if programs have to be written where people have to make them work right on the machine then you lose time thus you lose money. I for the most part program a part hit the green button and walk away. If they need to hav it there way then teach them Mastercam so they can do it their way if they don't want to learn it then tell them to quit their bitching.

Just my humble opinion and not the ideas share by the company I work for.

Don S,

+1 to Millman_Crazy, Winnie TP, and Matt. You've got to show them that your way is better. This can only be done through example. An incentive for them would be if you tell them to blame you if it doesn't come out right and they will be paid the same for doing less work. If they complain that they aren't in control, challenge them to learn Mastercam because the company made a large investment in the software to use it. Not to waste time programming at the machine or having Operators read thousands of lines of code checking for errors, that's what the Programmer's for. HTH biggrin.gif