Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

O/T:IN SEARCH OF BIG TOOLING!!!!!

RStuart

Okay, sorry to yell guys but as usual I have to make a part and they will not buy me the tooling I need to do it productively. Difference is this time I cannot find a tool anywhere. Maybe you guys can help me. I need an Internal grooving tool with an inch, yes 1" of overhang and no bigger than a 3" shank. Would prefer no smaller than a 3" shank also. Any ideas guys? Without having one made. bonk.gif

Ah yes that would work.Had thought of that. But unfortunately I need to turn with it. I guess I should have mentioned that. Not sure if that trick would be rigid enough. Cutting stainless and it needs to reach 4.75"deep. Guess I should have mentioned that too. The part is basically a hollowed out sphere with a hole through the center. banghead.gif

I made my own for this at a shop years ago. I took a piece of 5" 4150 HT and made us a external internal boring/turning bar. We use to take out the gap and turn 38"od SS rings on a 30" lathe that where 2.5 tall. We would mount regular tools in that and we had the ability to extend it out 40" if need be for those hard to reach places. I am thinking 2 regular straight mount groove tools a left and right tool so you can go at one side and keep rigidity on the tool and then the other side to get the best finish possible.

HTH